Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 7 January 2015

This weight loss lark - it's all coming back to me!



7th January 2015
The best project you'll ever work on is YOU!


3am and wide awake, thanks for that universe, I'm sure I'll really appreciate that at 5pm tonight when I've still got another got another evening of work to do!  Hey ho, it is what it is and I'm going to use this time to get ahead on my blog then start my paperwork.  It was lovely to be back in my meetings yesterday and I saw some incredible weight gains ;-) from folk enjoying Christmas, I also saw some weight loss and most people were okay with the results at the scales, they had a lovely time and we all agree we are ready to take this year and make it work for us. 

I'm keen to do the same which is why I had a good day yesterday.  I had a cooked breakfast of egg, thin, mushrooms and tomatoes, for my main meal I managed to get a chicken dinner prepared in 15 minutes, then I just went to do my paperwork whilst it all cooked, delicious it was.  Then for tea I was lazy and had a bit of leftover mash, veg and chicken, it hit the spot and because there was no bread to tempt me in the kitchen I couldn't do what I've been doing and grab a slice when I walk in there!

I've bought a tub of cottage cheese and was just looking to see if there was anything I could do with it other than have it at the side of a salad, I haven't found anything.  Although I could make F&H crustless quiche with some of it, that's not a bad idea,

Ingredients

Diced veggies such as peppers, onions, courgettes, sweetcorn, mushrooms, tomatoes, garden peas (whatever you fancy)
3 eggs
150g fat free natural cottage cheese

Either dry fry the veggies until soft or leave them raw if you like a more crunchy texture.

(You could even add cooked boiled potatoes or cooked wholewheat pasta if you want a really substantial meal.)

Mix together the 3 eggs, 150g  fat-free natural cottage cheese and some chopped parsley or chives.

Spread your veggies in an oven-proof flan dish or use a liner so that it won't stick to the dish, then pour the cottage cheese mix over.

Cook in the oven at 190ºC/170ºC Fan/Gas 5 for approx 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and golden brown.

Ooo yeah I'm gonna make that thank you very much!   And I can eat it hot or cold for my tea when I get home late tonight, nom nom.  What's not to love about the ProPoints plan, not only are there all those different approaches but you get Filling and Healthy which means not counting - awesome is what I say!

I'm actually going to make that this morning before I got to work, see there are bonuses to being awake at 3am! 

It was great getting back to basics yesterday, I remembered what I did when I first started ProPoints, because my memory wasn't what it once was, I got myself an A-Z telephone/address book to carry round, then every time I ProPointed a new food, I wrote it in my book, so I had my own food pocket guide with the foods I used in it.  Easy and quick, of course there's the app now, but it's still a good idea to have in the kitchen or in your bag, especially if you eat out a lot, opening that is sometimes quicker than getting your phone out.

Ok, I'm excited about making my quiche, little things make life great what can I say!  So I'm going to finish my blog, make me a cuppa and chop veggies!  I might even have a slice for my breakfast.   I might double the ingredients, yes I think I will, then I'm also using up the eggs which are close to sell by date.  Frugal too, what can I say.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, it's already Wednesday, midweek - WOW, I love my world.






No comments: