Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 14 January 2015

I don't like this white stuff!



14th January 2015

It's not a diet, it's not a phase, it's a permanent lifestyle change.





Finally finding it easier to get back into my routine of 3 healthy meals a day, too busy to think about snacking and tired enough at night to just want to go to bed rather than attempting to stay up which is when I'd be inclined to eat and drink.  Yesterday ended well, filling and healthy day, porridge and banana for breakfast, will have that again, I really enjoyed it made with skimmed milk in microwave, it would've been 6pp if I was on a propoint day.   I made a simple slow cooker beef stew, 450g beef stewing steak (13pp), 600g potatoes (13pp), carrots and onions, beef oxo cube (4pp), oh and I threw in a parsnip (2pp) as there was an odd one left (the entire recipe was 32pp so split four ways, only 8pp a portion). That was lunch and dinner and I also had a pastrami (2pp) sandwich on low calorie brown bread (3pp) too.  So whether F&H or PP's yesterday would have fit in my ProPoints easily, I did enjoy a large cheese rice cake for 1pp at meeting which Sam had brought in to show up all £1 in home bargains, and I tried the white cheese popcorn but not enough to be use any ProPoints.

Happy with that day I am, now I look outside and we've had snow - BOO!  I'm not a fan of the white stuff at all, I guessing we've got off lightly in Wolverhampton compared to come.  Either way it needs to go, snow is not what a Weight Watcher needs in their life, we need to be able to get to our meeting to see our Weight Watcher family! 

One of my members posted a link in my group yesterday for cauliflower recipes and it reminded me of a recipe my sister and I tried last year which was actually very tasty http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/love-at-first-bite.html, that let me to having a quick look at a few of my other pages and I've realised now I'm back into my routine, it's time to get my cooking creative mojo back, I love to eat and I love good food so I need to get all those different flavours I adore back in my life.  That's my weekend planned for sure, some niceness being created in the kitchen and who knows I might even have a go at making something delicious later today. 

I like the idea of pizza and on F&H that's not easy, but I'm thinking small pizza's on warburton thins maybe, or maybe these, they sound good;

Cauliflower Tortillas - 1pp each or F&H

Yield: 6 small tortillas
Prep Time: 30 min  Cook Time: 20 min

Ingredients:
3/4 head cauliflower
2 large eggs (6pp)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime (add the zest too if you want more of a lime flavour)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
3. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small "tortillas" on the parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
6. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

I think cilantro is coriander? I might be wrong.  But this does sound tasty and the pictures look good, I've had the recipe from here http://www.recipegirl.com/2014/05/05/cauliflower-tortillas/

Right I need to get a wriggle on, busy day as always on a Wednesday and a car to scrape - BOO!  I'm counting my blessing this week though, more so than usual, when anyone asked me yesterday how I was, I replied great thanks, because I'm here and happy and that's what matters, pain at least a sign I'm alive! 

Decisions, decisions, porridge and banana or eggs and mushrooms for breakfast!  It's a hard life ;)

Have a safe day out there in the snow BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: