Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 January 2015

When you love your work, it's isn't work!



23rd January 2015
There is little success where there is little laughter.


Yay it's Friday!  Got to love Friday, especially at the end of a fabulous week, 597lb lost at my scales, my birthday which included some lovely gifts, I had a late gift yesterday, a beautiful scarf and a 1/2 page article in the Express and Star last night with a member and also my hints and tips on then.  Then to finish the week off nicely my ex manager came back as my boss for one more day to present me with my ten year award yesterday, a certificate and a white gold snowflake necklace which I will proudly wear all the time.  I thought that was a lovely thing to do, turning up in my meeting to make the presentation.  I'm not a big jewellery wearer but this won't be coming off my neck any time soon, very proud to have been a Weight Watcher leader for 10 years and hopefully looking forward to another ten.

So as we know I quite like food and I love it when a member shares a recipe with me I quite like the idea of, here's one;

Mexican Beef Pan-Fry
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking 20-25mins
Serve 4 (but she says it really only serves 2-3!)

4 sprays of calorie controlled cooking spray
1 red onion diced
2 large mixed peppers, deseeded & diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
500g extra lean beef mince (or quorn)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
3tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 courgette, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
160g sweetcorn
4 tbsp virtually fat free natural yogurt
Fresh coriander, to serve

Warm a large frying pan over a medium heat.  Spray with oil and add the onion, peppers & garlic, cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until softened and golden.

Increase the heat and add the mince and smoked paprika.  Cook for 10 minutes until browned.  Stir in the sweet chilli sauce, courgette, tomatoes and sweetcorn.

Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until hot throughout.  Season, before adding natural yogurt and plenty of fresh coriander.

I've got everything but the yogurt and coriander but I think I could do it without those 2 ingredients, it'd be lovely with brown rice or tortilla cups.

Mmm, gotta love food!


Working from home today, lots to get done this morning, then I'm taking the afternoon off I think, mom and I have a jigsaw to contend with!  I'm also going to cook that pan fry, but now I'm thinking have I got mince in the freezer!  I know I have beef, oh I'll cook something tasty with veggies either way!

Working tomorrow too, it's Elle's final week so I'm off to meet the members of the meeting I'm going to be looking after for the 9 months that Elle's taking out to have her baby girl, it's a 9.30 Saturday morning meeting at the Wolverhampton Swimming & Fitness centre at Bentley Bridge, so that'll be me doing 13 meetings for most of 2015!

Time to get started on the paperwork!  Think I'll do a bit of the enjoyable work too, social media is much more fun than spreadsheets!

Have a wonderful day, enjoy everything you eat today, give it your attention, remember deprivation doesn't work, eating healthy does!

No comments: