Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 February 2011

1st February 2011 facebook email

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield. Life happens. It doesn't mean you have to cope with it by stuffing your face!
Well I had a fabulous ProPoints day yesterday, having planned my week with meal ideas, I filled in my tracker journal, earned 8 activity ProPoints, ate one of my own pre-made frozen ready meals then cooked a lasagne to die for which was twice the size of a shop bought one, plus twice the tastiness! I’ve decided to make it Frugal February I’m hoping to save pounds whilst losing pounds, my plan is to try and work my way through the contents of the freezer and pantry whilst only buying the essentials like fresh veggies etc. I’m even planning to leave my purse at home more often, so as not to spend any money whilst out! I’m working hard at the moment so happy to stay home and chill at weekends and catch up on my rest and tv.

I talked about motivation yesterday and sometimes its not that easy to realise what yours is, there’s an article in this months Weight Watchers magazine that starts by saying, “show me a woman who’s happy with her body and I’ll show you a flock of flying pigs”, (good article) mmm I’m happy with mine, my skirt might not have been yesterday morning when I put it on and struggled with the zip, but personally I love my body whatever its size, however for my health (my back doesn’t like too much extra weight) and wallet (I won’t buy new clothes) I need to shift a few pounds. So there is my motivation, being in less pain and getting in ALL of my clothes not just the select few! It’s also brilliant to wake up feeling fresh and alert and ready to face the day, and I believe a good diet has a lot to do with that. Yesterday I included lots of fruit and veg, I had a smoothie with mango and banana and papaya in for my breakfast, a banana, with my dinner I had frozen cabbage (cheaper than fresh), mixed salad leaves (half price in morrisons) with my tea and the lasagne had carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions in, plus my lunch had pineapple in! I also had just the one glass of red wine with 6 of my 8 activity ProPoints I’d earned on my wineometer.

I bought a book the weekend called “Adore yourself slim” so I can share some of the ideas with you, so let’s start today by getting you to love yourself, we’ll start by you taking a few moments and writing a list of all the things you love about yourself, what do you like about your personality, is it the way you laugh at silly jokes, are you generous, are you polite, helpful. Because believe me, if you don’t love yourself now for the person you are, rather than the body you have, then you won’t love yourself slim either plus you’ll find it hard going getting there!

So go on, write down ten things you love about yourself, if you can’t do that or need help ask others for help and write down ten things they love about you. Then put this list somewhere safe so when you’re having a rubbish day you can use it to give you motivation and show you that you are special and you do matter xx

Pay yourself a compliment every day
Focus on a different attribute — your clear complexion, pleasant voice, good fashion sense — and say out loud: "I love my ___." It may sound forced at first, but it's a useful counter to self-doubt.

Do things you know will help you feel better about yourself
This could be anything from a new hairstyle to losing that first 10 pounds. Tackle the easiest first, to build confidence in future efforts.

Give yourself regular treats
It could be anything from flowers to outings; just as you would surprise a loved one. You do it to make them feel good; aren't you worth the same consideration?

Spend time with those who care about you
You'll soon share their good opinion of yourself! If there aren't as many supportive people in your social circle as you'd like, consider ways of expanding it to increase your chances of positive feedback. Ask yourself: "Who will help me feel good about myself?" Apart from your immediate circle, consider neutral outsiders.

Avoid situations that reinforce self-doubt
This could involve re-examining long-established relationships — perhaps with a critical relative or colleague who is continually reinforcing damaging self-perception. Are you forever seeking another's approval but never getting it? Rather than simply taking the criticism, you could:

· Retreat from the relationship a bit.
· Stop hoping for approval.
· Respond more assertively to harsh remarks (Example: "I feel bad when you call me 'stupid.' I would prefer that you addressed me with more respect.")

7. Try a little kindness
Instead of beating yourself up whenever you goof up, give yourself the benefit of the doubt, same as you would anyone else. Focus on your achievements, not faults. Chances are, once you start looking, you'll be surprised at just how many there are!

Don't you think you deserve a little of your own adoration? Use some of those ideas about to give yourself the love you deserve.

How do you learn to like yourself more? The same way you befriend anyone else: Take the time to get acquainted; be supportive and non-judgmental. Above all, look for the good.

Now give yourself a hug or ask someone else too xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Bev, I'm the author of Adore Yourself Slim and just wanted to say that I enjoyed your blog! Liking yourself really is the first step to slimming success. Best wishes, Lisa Jackson

Bev said...

Yes I've recommended your book to a lot of people it's full of really good advice x