Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 5 February 2011

5 February 2011 facebook email

Nobody get to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies. 'Ann Landers'
I had the best day yesterday, good walk with Alfie, shopping in Waitrose where I got lots of ideas for meals I can cook and bought a few special ingredients, followed by lunch with the ladies – all propointed of course, then a massage followed by a chill out in front of the tv. I had grilled sea bass with crushed herb potatoes and veggies (16pp) for lunch and then on the night I had homemade chicken curry and rice for 12pp.

I’ve woken up this morning raring to go, I think I might even do the ironing, it has to be a month since I thought about that!

Day 6 of total tracking and holding it together, feeling better for it and still managing my vino which is always a bonus.

I just loved this comment on yesterdays wall Lindsay put “I weighed a cone of chips today an it worked out at 36pp so I put them in the bin and had a Weight Watcher chicken casserole, I thought I would rather throw a £ away that put a few on! How true is that, so next time you’re in a similar situation think about which of the pounds you’d prefer to waste.

Little tweaks and changes to your eating and thinking will make it so much easier to lose weight. Lindsay’s managed to change her thinking from how much money she’ll waste, i.e. the “I’ve paid for it” mentality to how much she’d rather lose it off her WAIST! Brilliant.

Another way to change your thinking is to start thinking good about yourself, therefore from this day forward I want you to start taking a ‘Daily Praise Pill’ Janet Street Porter wrote in her book ‘life’s too f***ing short”, “spend the first minute of every day telling yourself “I am bloody brilliant” – no one else is going to!” And I think that’s a fantastic idea, although I do think other people will tell you how brilliant and wonderful you are once you start believing it yourself and listening, I hear members in meetings giving each other compliments and encouragement all the time, it’s what makes Weight Watcher meetings work so well. So go on right now, tell yourself how absolutely, fantastic, amazing and gorgeous you are, that way even if no one else does, it doesn’t matter, you’ve taken your Praise Pill for the day. Xx

If you’re sat there thinking, yeah whatever, I’m not brilliant at all! STOP rewind and stop striving to be perfect, time to realise that no one is the idea of ‘perfect’ people have in their minds. I’m perfect to be me, but I’d be awful at being you probably, I wouldn’t be able to cope with kids or a spouse, hell I can’t even stay awake on a night out with the girls, but I can cope with hundreds of members and their problems! We’re all so very, very different and you’re perfect as you are. Don’t beat yourself up over mistakes, the workout you didn’t do because you couldn’t be bothered – everyone does it, the half a dozen six twix bars that were meant for the kids lunchboxes but ended up in your stomach, we’ve all done similar at some time and it’s usually when we’re trying desperately to lose weight and stay on track! I put that down to the little rebel or spoilt child we all have deep inside, and they don’t wanna not have the chocolate, the don’t care what they look like, can you imaging that side of your personality lying face down on the floor screaming, “but I want chocolate”, if you can, imagine the side of you that wants to be slimmer and healthier getting down and lying by the side of her and screaming back “TOUGH, I wanna lose weight, live with it bitch!” and get up and walk away ;-)

Why don’t you if you have time this weekend show your body just how much you love it, how much you appreciate that it works everyday for you and keeps you alive. Lavish it with care and attention, maybe have a long soak in the bath, smoother it with a fabulously smelly body lotion, put expensive perfume on it. Send it the message that you adore it for what it can do, i.e. carry you around, just think about it your tastebuds are part of your body and without them, oh my, well life just would be pointless wouldn’t it!

So take care of you today and have a self-indulgent Saturday. xx

No comments: