Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 23 February 2011

23 February 2011

Do you know why a cars' windshield is so large & the rear view mirror is so small? Because our past is not as important as our future. Look ahead and move on!
The rain woke me up at 4am this morning and when I looked out of the window one of the poor stray cats is on the fence across the road, he’s just so timid and its so sad, he won’t go in the cat kennel I had made, the other one loves it but he likes to be high up. So I couldn’t go back to sleep because I feel bad for the cat, so here I am typing.

I had a fab day on track yesterday, made Strawberries in balsamic vinegar they were delicious and I would recommend them, I’m going to make them again and have them with a cooked chicken, which might sound wierd to a few of you but I quite like mixing flavours ;D

I smiled to myself last night as I listened to two gorgeous members talking to each other, it’s not very often I get a lull when I’m weighing so I don’t really get to hear what’s happening before I start my talk. So it was lovely to overhear these two talking about their success at the scales that week and how neither of them had expected it because they’d been out on the razzle that weekend. They both had agreed before getting weighed that they hadn’t regretted going out and having a great time and would take any gain on the chin, because they realised that this was a lifestyle change not a short term solution. Hearing that really made my day, especially as they were both young so they’ve obviously learnt it much quicker than I did!

I really do feel that I have the best job in the world, it’s wonderful when I see the light come on in people, it’s fabulous when I see members get to their goal weight, we had two yesterday become gold members and that’s always wonderful. There’s also their stories outside Weight Watchers, one member was telling me last night that she’s been promoted thanks to her weight loss, her boss told her that she’s come on in leaps and bounds because with her weight loss she’s gained confidence. All these things are so wonderful to witness.

Writing that has just made me this of a story, in his book, The Star Thrower, Loren E. Eiseley talks of the day when he was walking along a sandy beach where thousands of starfish had been washed up on the shore. He noticed a boy picking up the starfish one by one and throwing them back into the ocean. Eiseley observed the boy for a few minutes and then asked what he was doing. The boy replied that he was returning the starfish to the sea otherwise they would die.

Eiseley then asked how saving a few, when so many were doomed, would make any difference whatsoever? The boy picked up a starfish and as he threw it back said "It's going to make a lot of difference to this one!"

Eiseley left the boy and went home to continue writing, only to find he could not type a single word. He returned to the beach and spent the rest of the day helping the boy throw starfish into the sea.

How you live your life and what you do with it shapes not only your own future but that of the world.
That’s what makes my job fabulous, I get to make a difference, and I truly believe that’s made a difference to my life, I’m much happier now. It’s good to be a contributor, try it, I don’t mean become a Weight Watcher leader, but why not, I mean be involved and in love with life and all the possibilities of what it means to be human.

Each of us will define and measure success differently. Some will place more emphasis on the economic scorecard than others. No matter what your choice, if you are to succeed, you must understand that your rewards in life will be in direct proportion to the contribution you make, that includes to yourself and others!

So each night, before you go to sleep, ask yourself two simple questions:

Did I today, in some way, grow as a human being?
Did I today, in anyway, make the world a better place in which to live?

Simple questions sure enough. When you can answer yes to these questions more often than not, you are winning - you are successful. Life’s not all about your weight, you’re so much more than what you read on the scales.

xx

No comments: