Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 February 2011

24th February 2011

Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write one!

Well I made the balsamic strawberries again yesterday but this time I used artificial sweetener, the powder variety instead of sugar and I couldn’t tell the difference so they were zero ProPoints and I served them with warm cooked chicken and I really enjoyed it, and mom did, so I’m not the only freaky eater in my house!

I also made a lamb tagine yesterday which was ok, nothing special the lamb would’ve been delicious but Alfie kept begging so I got the olives and he got the lamb!

Lots of people including myself write “TO DO” lists, but I’ve discovered since I’ve started cooking more and paying attention to the importance of enjoying what I eat, that I’m now writing “TO EAT” lists, and I love them, on the top of my list at the moment is Crunchy Nut Cornflakes! Not exactly exquisite food I know, but I had them last weekend in London and really enjoyed them, then thought to myself I must get me some of those. I’ve bought a box and usually I would’ve had a bowl by now but I’d already planned the last few day’s meals and not had the ProPoints left to include them, and there’s no rush is there. I’ll probably have them tonight for my tea, after 5 meetings I’m usually shattered so a huge bowl of Crunchy Nut will no doubt make me smile, plus I’ll have lots of ProPoints which means a very big bowl! One thing I’ve realised over the last few years is as much as I’d like to, and as hard as I’ve tried to in the past, I can’t eat everything, it’s impossible and not very good for me either ;) So now I’m happy to wait until I have space in my meal plan and I know when I do eat them, they will be amazing.

I’ve started sending texts out to my members and it’s lovely to get the responses and find out how you’re doing during the week, so if you’re not already receiving them, text me on 07739 968678 with your name and the meeting your attend, i.e. “Beverley Longsden Monday am” and I will add you, you can also remove yourself at anytime by replying stop to any of them.

Over the last few days, two of my closest friends have had it rough with one thing or another, the one, bless her feels like the whole worlds against her and the people she loves at the moment, and I think we’ve all been there at one time, you’re staring at the mountain in your life, and you're not only wondering how you can get over it, but why you even have to face it in the first place.

It made me think, "I don't know why if there is a god he allows war or let's good people get cancer. I do know that if I focus on all the bad things, I'll just be unhappy all the time, and I'm very protective of my happiness."

A great comediennes quip is that, from the moment we're born, people are trying to steal our joy. It's true, and that's why I absolutely refuse to let some things get me down. I can't, because I know that if I give worry a minute, she'll take my whole day. So I insist on enjoying myself even when things aren't going right. I listen to music, go for a walk or find that one sliver of humour in a bad situation. I don't even hang out with constantly negative people. It's become an act of will - a militant resistance against the forces that seek to steal my joy. Operation Happiness... by any means necessary.

So if you've been struggling to hold on to happiness, I've got good news for you. Are you ready?

You can be happy. Yes, you. Happy. Right now. And better yet, you can stay happy if you'd like to. You may have to dig deep to find it, and when you have it, you'll need to protect it. It sounds like work, and it is, but remember that your joy is precious. It's a gift, and it's worth the fight.

So think about it, what makes you happy? In a gloomy day, where you do you find your sunshine? Why not post it on our wall and let’s make everyone else smile today. You may not be the weight you want to be right now, but being positive and happy will help you get there quicker!

No comments: