Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 February 2011

February 2nd 2011 facebook email

It is not how much you do, but how much love you put into the doing that matters. Mother Teresa

Yesterday was day 2 of tracking 100% and I have to admit this morning I was already tempted to miss a couple of things off my tracker, why did I have that handful of twiglets last night, when the tub has been there since the end of December and I haven’t touched them! Why did I eat 2 cheese triangles whilst I was waiting for my tea to cook? Who knows but I did and that’s 4pp wasted – hey ho, today’s another day and I have my weekly allowance. I did have a nice Weight Watchers crustless quiche though for 7pp very nice, and a Weight Watchers pizza for my lunch which I pimped by adding my own zero toppings too - pineapple, onions and if I’d had them I would have added peppers and mushrooms too. So yesterday I easily had my 5 a day, more like 8 so that’s a bonus and earned 5pp on pedometer.

These days I don’t see myself as on a diet, I’m trying to make permanent lifestyle changes. We can all sit around bleating on about putting weight on, but the bottom line is to lose weight we need to eat less and move more – easier said than done sometimes I know!

For me, it’s about making small changes to my life over a longer period of time. Half a pound a week, or less now is what I’m happy with – When I first started dieting, I went for the jugular and targeted minimum 2lbs a week, hell I expected half a stone in my first week! With time I’ve realised I can’t cope with that scale of a reduction in my daily intake, so I’m reducing it down to half a pound a week and hope to lose whilst living!

In my experience, deprivation leads to deviation – so depriving myself of something I like just makes me crave it all the more – so now I enjoy food and drink in moderation. You will not lose weight long term if you don’t change your lifestyle.

And of course I struggle at times! Mostly every weekend, birthdays, meals out, special events and Christmas! I gained 5lb over Christmas and a couple more since! Sometimes you can’t even explain why you struggle, or why you can’t seem to stick to the plan. You’ll find yourself eating something and thinking ‘why did I just do that’, there will be a reason, but you may never know what it is, your subconscious mind is a wonderful, scary place!

I’ve reminded myself that sensible eating and exercise through the week and bingeing at the weekends will never work. We all need to make our choice. So why not join me and do it slowly – cut your intake by small amounts, enjoy your daily and weekly allowance and look to play the long game.

Losing weight isn’t just an image thing, it’s a health thing too, we need to take care of our bodies, yesterday my friends mom was rushed to hospital she’d had an heart attack and I think when something like that happens, it reminds up that life is short and we need to take care of ourselves so we can enjoy it to the full.

Don’t believe everything you read. The world and internet are full of so-called “experts”…the one expert in your body is YOU. Take control and be your own GURU! You know how you feel and when you look in the mirror you know if you’re happy with what you see, so do this for you, not no one else. xx

No comments: