Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 February 2011

9th February 2011

In the pursuit of happiness, the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up. R.H. Grenville

Damn PC, its taking so long just to log on and do anything but I’m now smiling and cringing at the same time because in the last 45 minutes I’ve spent £460 on a new one which will be with me by the weekend ;) I can’t believe I was just getting control over my credit card after Christmas and I’ve had to add that – hence the cringing. I can’t handle my system being so slow though, I use it everyday for my job so needs must.

So I had another good day yesterday as did lots of my members, the weight losses are still fabulous 339.5lb yesterday – WOW how great are we ;)

I make shortcrust pastry for the first time since I left school I think, I’ve never seen so much flour go in so many directions, a very funny experience for me, and I really must learn to read the instructions properly, it said to use parchment and “baking beans” to cook the pastry blind for ten minutes, I hadn’t got any ‘baking beans’ so used a bag of grey peas I had, didn’t read correctly and put the parchment between the tin and the pastry instead of the pastry and the peas and after ten minutes it took me another ten minutes to pick the peas out of the pastry case ;0) it ended up edible at the end so it wasn’t a problem and it go me away from the pc for a while!

I did make a fabulous mustard chicken dish from Jamie 30 minute cook book and I just have to share that recipe with you as its scrumptious;

Mustard Chicken with leeks = total 28pp, 8pp each

a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 x180g chicken breasts, skin off (18pp)
4 teaspoons Colman’s mustard powder
3 baby leeks or 1 large leek (trimmed, halved lengthways & finely sliced)
4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
100ml White Wine (2pp)
75ml single cream (4pp)
1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard

Tbsp olive oil = (4pp) (best to use the Weight Watcher oil spray for maximum coverage & you’ll save PP)

Turn the heat under the trying pan up to medium. Pick and finely chop the leaves from the rosemary sprigs and sprinkle them into the pack of chicken. Sprinkle l teaspoon of mustard powder over each breast, then season and drizzle some olive oil over the chicken and into the frying pan. Massage and rub these flavours all over the meat. Put the chicken breasts in the pan, skin side down. Wash your hands well. Use a fish slice to press down on the chicken to help it cook. lt should take around 18 minutes in total – mine took longer as they were big breasts!.

Add leeks to one side of pan. Add garlic to pan of chicken, flip the chicken breasts, then press down again. Stir in the leeks and the white wine.

Check the chicken is cooked through, and then pour 75ml of cream into the frying pan. Transfer the chicken breasts to a board and slice into uneven pieces. Stir 1-heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard into the sauce, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Spoon the sauce onto the plates and put the sliced chicken on top. Serve.

I had mine with some rice and julienne carrots and it was very filling.

Well I’ve got to get on as this has took 30 minutes longer than it usually does because of the pc, have a fabulous ‘on track’ day. xx

No comments: