Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 February 2011

22nd February 2011

WORRYING does not take away tomorrows' TROUBLES, it takes away todays' PEACE!

As expected I gained yesterday after my lovely weekend away, I was a little surprised to see it was 2.5lb though! Hey ho, it’ll be gone this week, it’s what I like to call jelly fat and I’ll get it off before it sets. Luckily my members were having more success than me yesterday losing well over 125lb.

I was pleased to say I managed to get right back on track after my weekend and had a really good day yesterday, I can honestly say I think I’ve gone off MacDonalds, I remember thinking when I was eating it on the train, this is nothing special, I realised I only enjoy the fries if I dunk them in sweet and sour sauce which actually means I like the sauce not the fries and the burger seemed a bit boring after some of the meals I’ve been cooking lately – I can’t believe I’ve just said that! I used to worship the big mac.

Yesterday I sliced some courgette thinly using a potato peeler, popped a bit of boursin light (or philidelphia light) on one slice, then added another couple of slices and a bit of cut up sun dried tomato, then rolled them and roasted for 20 minutes, they were delicious. I also had sweet potato mash with spring onions, for speed I microwaved the potato and because the skins thicker than an ordinary potato the middle scooped out really easily.

Today I’m going to do something with Salmon but not sure yet, need to get on the Weight Watchers esource and see what suggestions they have. I’m also going to be making Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar, we’re talking about fruit this week and this was a suggestion on the train Sunday from a friend of mine, below is a recipe I found online. I know it sounds odd but apparently its divine.

Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar, Serves 6, 1pp each serving

This is a unique, gourmet way to serve this fantastic summer fruit! The balsamic vinegar brings out the berries' beautiful colour and truly enhances their flavour. Great served by themselves, or over vanilla ice cream for extra ProPoints.

450 g fresh strawberries, hulled and large berries cut in half
30ml balsamic vinegar
50g white sugar (6pp)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste

Place strawberries in a bowl. Drizzle vinegar over strawberries, and sprinkle with sugar. Stir gently to combine. Cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour but not more than 4 hours. Just before serving, grind pepper over berries.

Well that’s my morning started perfectly, ‘talking about food’, have a great day everyone and remember, weight loss isn’t a fad thing, it’s a forever thing. xx

No comments: