Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 February 2011

26th February 2011

Tomorrow never comes and when it does it’s today! (Dreadzone)

Yay I had a lie in, 6am, now I’m refreshed and ready for my day, I’ve got lots of ‘me’ things I want to do, I’m planning a bit beef & ale stew, I may even attempt dumplings on the top too. I’m also going to cook Trout with Watercress Sauce it’s all done in the microwave in a few minutes – cool! Shall have it with some nice fresh veggies and maybe rice, here’s the recipe;

Serves 2, 9pp each

1 small bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 X 90 g (3 1/2 oz) fillets rainbow trout
50 ml (2 fl oz) dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon made mustard
150 ml (5 fl oz) soured cream

1. Reserve a few sprigs of watercress for decoration. Place remainder in a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.

2. Place the fish in a dish in a single layer, pour over the wine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes. Leave to stand while making the sauce.

3. Puree the watercress together with the mustard and cream. Add the cooking liquid from the fish, pour into a jug and cook on HIGH for 1 minute. Serve with trout, new potatoes and broccoli. Garnish with reserved watercress.

Timings are for a 600 watt microwave oven.

Hope whatever you’ve got planned for today you enjoy it, I know I’m going to, after cooking I’m going to read my book and watch some tv, today is all about enjoying and relaxing no stressing or rushing.

Let it rain, I don’t mind I can enjoy today indoors.

Have a great day xx

No comments: