Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 August 2020

Start from experience

Sunday 2nd August 2020
Don't be afraid to start over, this time you're not starting from scratch, you're starting from experience. 


Well there were some lovely smile moments in amongst moms drama yesterday, so let's focus on them, one of our Saturday virtual members achieved his goal, he hasn't rushed the process, he's one of Elle's members from her Saturday morning workshop and it's taken him 18 months to lose 2.5 stone but as he said, find your own way of following the plan and he's enjoyed using his FitPoints whilst following the plan because he knew he wouldn't stick to it if he didn't.  I've always done the same when I'm losing and following the plan correctly. 

When V and I were walking on Friday we talked about going back to basics and it means different things to different people, but what I'm trying to do this time is make changes that are going to last no matter what life throws at me, even if I slip and have bad days, I'll have a healthy foundation that I won't stray from.  As the quote above says we're not starting from scratch but from experience.  Here's a couple of questions you can ask yourself to help you move forward and build a healthier future.  

‘What can you learn from your past experience of losing weight that will help you in the future?’

‘What could you do differently this time?’

'What's going to be the first step you'll take today?'


I'll leave those questions with you, I too am going to think about my responses. 


Yeah yesterday I was reminded why I love my job and that's because I love my members and I'm here to help them, as I get ready to go back to face to face workshops, it's been good to talk to some members I haven't spoken to for a while. 

Oh and I enjoyed my dinner last night, another



 

And no matter how many photos I took, I couldn't do the dish justice, it really was that good and Alfie enjoyed the bones - I did give him some of my meat but I didn't want to, I'm not gonna lie!

Have you thought about those questions that were above?  I have a little, here they are again in case you didn't;

‘What can you learn from your past experience of losing weight that will help you in the future?’

‘What could you do differently this time?’

'What's going to be the first step you'll take today?'


I've learned that it's not something to be rushed, not to focus on the weight loss but to focus on changing my habits instead, on building new healthy habits, things like my yoga in a morning, even on day's I've woken up and really not wanted to do any at all, like this morning because we've had a disrupted night again and when I woke I'd just been in a plane crash into the ocean (yeah it was a dream), but regardless of how I feel, I always get on the mat and do something, even if it's only a few minutes, I managed 15 minutes this morning, I think I've made it a permanent habit, I'm just starting week 16 of doing it anyway, returning to work might test me, but I'm hopeful.  I'm still working on making meditation a habit immediately after the yoga, my brain gets distracted and my dog interrupts! 

Habit number two I started was making fruit part of my daily diet, at least one piece each morning, I'm still doing that.  Now I'm working on natural fat free yogurt, including that each week, I'm eating it straight from the pot, straight from the fridge when I go looking in there for something to eat!  

My online shopping is helping also, not going in a shop to pick up the odd thing here and there is a great way of being in control.  I know I haven't lost weight during lockdown but I haven't gained it either and I see that as a win.  I'm not moving anywhere near as much as I would do if I was going out to work, setting up the workshop room, unloading my car etc, so hopefully when I go back that will help me burn a few more calories. 

I'm tweaking my shop each week to be healthier, to help me with future meal planning.  Having frozen peppers and green beans has been brilliant this week, I've just grabbed a handful and thrown them into whatever I was cooking without having to think about whether they'll go off in the fridge.  Frozen veggies are definitely going to be a habit in the future. 

I've got my virtual workshop at 10, check-in from 9.30 in the Stafford Connect Group, but before that I want to see if Alfie is up for a walk, I hope so!  Wish me luck.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: