Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 27 August 2020

Let's take back 2020!

Thursday 27th August 2020
Do something today that your future self will thank you for. 


If you've woke up feeling a bit grumpy and tired this morning - stop it, take a moment to count your blessings, I know it's been a real tough year and it's not over yet but there are things for us to be thankful for.  My poor moms had a terrible night, she's been dreaming and talking out loud, awake since 2 or 3, and we've had a conversation at 4am where she's telling me she doesn't like being like this and she wished she just wouldn't wake up again, how she actually thinks of ways to end it because she doesn't want to be dependent on others and ruin their lives ;(  So yeah, we may have had a rough year, be skint, be unsure about our futures, but we do have our memory, so let's start our gratitude list with that and we've got food on our plate and water in our taps, there's a couple more things. 

Despite all this, I had another good day, delicious breakfast 


scrumptious freezer dinner, last weeks 8SP butternut squash risotto https://youtu.be/NRXDmcmjQAw (don't forget to subscribe to the channel)


Then for my tea, I had crackers (that was after seeing them on Elle's plate!) I love lot fat salad cream, I'd rather have it than spread on my crackers and it's only 1SP per tablespoon.


I'm keeping busy, focusing on the positives rather than the things I cannot change, I even had a walk with Elle yesterday, I'd gone out with the dog when I called her and she was driving past so stopped and walked with me, Alfie walked further because of it so I ended with 12.5k steps by the end of the day, which is epic for me lately, I've started paying more attention to my fitbit results, the miles I've walked, how many active minutes not just the steps and the calories I've burned, it's all helping to keep me focused.  I've even worn in to bed the last two nights, but that's not quite so accurate, it says I was restless last night but not awake, I beg to differ, I was awake every time mom woke up or talked or sang in her sleep, I just don't move as I don't want to end up awake awake where I can't fall back off to sleep lol. 

A good WW express workshop last night, a busy day ahead of me.  An amazing sister that's making that possible, another thing (well person lol) I'm super grateful for!

OOo what to eat today, I'm thinking beans on toast, then maybe a jacket potato later, possible with a WW chilli pot on, all quick and easy food.  Let's have a great day shall we?  Make Thursday tremendous!  Get some salad, fruit and veg down our necks, focus on that food that's gonna fill us up so we have points for a bit of what we fancy. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: