Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Last Tuesday virtual!

Tuesday 11th August 2020
The most important relationship in your life is with yourself.



Not gonna lie, I'm struggling with this heat, already having hormonal hot flashes without adding a ridiculous muggy temperature into the equation.

Having said that, I had a curry for my dinner yesterday lol, it was a mild Beef Dopiaza, she made it mild for me and it was again delicious, this is a curry I'd like to have a go at making myself, it really was tasty, what I like to call an Indian stew, so good.  

That was the highlight of my day, mom was awkward all afternoon, although I did get her in the car to come to the vets with me, we had to wait an hour, appointments don't mean much these days apparently, it was bloody hot waiting outside too.  At least I've got these lovely dishes to look forward to this weekend, the Beef Stifado was at my suggestion, it's a dish my brother has cooked for me and it's a delicious Greek beef stew, she's even serving it how he would, with Swede and potato mash., she assures us the meat will be tender and filled with Mediterranean flavours. nom nom. I'm going to try the other two options too, I've not had a Chicken Dhansak before, apparently it's a milder curry with a sweet taste from the pineapple and I love pineapple. I also like to have the odd veggie meal to balance out all the beef I've been eating - eek!

I think I'll have fish today, I've been craving fish in batter with chips for a few weeks now, so I've got some coming in my supermarket shop today, they were reduced to £2, happy days, fish, chips and peas, you never know I might be able to tempt mom to have the same.  I really feel for her because I know she's bored out of her brains most of the time, she can't concentrate on lots of stuff on the tele anymore, she doesn't want to do a jigsaw, she can't answer the clues in her puzzle books now, sometimes she does but then I watch her getting frustrated.  It hurts her to walk because she's carrying that extra weight and her heart isn't good.  Her legs are full of fluid - it all just sucks for her really so I'd be moody if I was her.  I had a full on crying session around tea time last night, I was hot, frustrated, uncomfortable, mom was ignoring me when I spoke to her, then finally showed me her legs so I dressed them for her and then I went and had a cry in the shower, at least I was a little fresher once I'd come out of that. 

We need a good storm to clear the air, that would be so nice right now lol.  Instead I shall be on my virtual at 8am for my last Tuesday on as I'm back in all my Express Workshops next week!  This is my last week of working from home, from Thursday all my workshops will be open, they will all be 1 hour weigh sessions and you can turn up anytime within that hour for your wellness check-in, here's the details:
August 13th
St John's Methodist Church, Victoria Avenue, Bloxwich. WS3 3HS
Thursday 8.15am, 9.30am, 10.45am, 5pm & 6.15pm
August 18th
Short Heath Methodist Church, Wesley Road, Short Heath, Willenhall. WV12 5QT
Tuesday 8.15, 9.30am & 5.30pm
August 19th
St Albans Church Hall, Griffiths Drive, Ashmore Park Estate, Wednesfield WV11 2LJ
Wednesday 5pm
August 22nd
United Reform Church, Old Fallings Lane, Wolverhampton WV10 8BH
Saturday 9.00am 



I love the idea that storms don't last forever, this isn't just about the weather is it, I know what's going on in my home won't last forever and that's what keeps me going.  I'm finding meditating is helping me, I managed 15 minutes this morning, only managed 15 minutes yoga though as Alfie rocked up to get involved, I love the bones of him, but I don't like having my face licked at all, so that put an end to that lol. 

I'm toying with cooking today, making some dhal, I ordered the other pulses that Harj uses, we'll see how mom is today before deciding, I've also got lots of stuff I want to do on the laptop, so much to do, so little time lol.  

Anyway, I want another cuppa before I go get ready for my workshop, have a very great day, see some of you on Zoom in a bit.

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: