Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 August 2020

Another good day, there's more to life than food x

28th August 2020
Success is a series of small things.


Oh it's lovely and calm in my house this morning, moms had a good sleep, YAY, we've had about 6 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep, hopefully we'll have a calm day, we're due one after the last few days that have been difficult for her.  As I posted on Facebook last night though, I have to, 'Remember the person with dementia isn't giving you a hard time, they're having a hard time.' I put together a few photos that I've taken over time, it breaks my heart to see her feeling so vulnerable, helpless and frustrated but I can only continue to let he know she's safe and loved.
Thursday is my busy day at Bloxwich and I enjoyed it yesterday, busy for August, especially as the kids are on their last week and it's a bank holiday weekend coming up.  I've just got my meals from yesterday to post below and realised I had a carb heavy day yesterday, I obviously needed the energy and the weather had really dropped cold, I had to put my cardi on last night!


Now it was pointed out that my breakfast (above) didn't have an egg on it, they were right it didn't!  Why not?  Because I'm realising, I've not been losing weight and I'm not blaming the eggs, not at all, but I'm starting to pay attention to what and why I choose what's going on my plate and asking myself, 
'Would I be having that if I had to point it?' The truth yesterday was no I wouldn't have an egg if it was pointed and meant I'd have to forgo a small glass of wine later!  I thoroughly enjoyed this breakfast, really fancied a slice of bacon, it was all delicious.  (8SP)


Lunch was a bit random, I'd defrosted a chicken kiev (11SP) but then I didn't fancy cook loads of stuff, when I looked in the fridge there were these corn on the cob that needed using, so I decided to roast it with the kiev.  Randomly Alfie decided to help me eat some of the corn (strange dog) but I enjoyed the rest of it. 

By the time I got home I was so tired from the day, and from the lack of sleep the night before that I fancied a jacket potato with baked beans and I had 70g of grated Arla Protein cheese on it too, it was lush, I'm gonna have the rest of the beans for my breakfast, if I have a big breakfast, I won't eat again till later today.

I'm getting distracted by other stuff I want to do now, so I need to end this blog or it'll never get posted. Let's have a fabulous Friday, find things other than food to take your attention!

Mwah, luv ya


Love me x
 







No comments: