Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Talking about my tummy troubles - sorry!

Tuesday 12th May 2020
The world has slowed down so you can rediscover yourself.


I realised we were in week 20 yesterday as I planned my workshops for the week and I couldn't believe it, we're almost half way through the year and it looks like I could still be here with mom when we do hit the half way point, which is another reason to get my act together and lose some weight.

My other main reason is my new WHY, stomach problems, acid reflux, heartburn,  a general feeling of fullness, sicky and yucky.  I'd felt yak stomach wise all weekend, so I'd already made the decision yesterday to ease up, not drink and see what difference that made.  I didn't drink yesterday, I only consumed 17SP but I still felt full to the brim by mid afternoon, so there's work to be done, the damage is already there and it'll take longer than a day to rectify!  

I started google food for digestion to see if anything might help and I've added a few of them to my shop for today.  I'm going to bore you with the why's now;

Yogurt was one, It contains friendly bacteria known as probiotics, which are good bacteria that live in your digestive tract and can help improve digestion, keeping your gut healthy so I've added some fat free plain to the basket,

Apples - I'd already added them,  are a rich source of pectin, a soluble fiber.  Pectin bypasses digestion in your small intestine and is then broken down by the friendly bacteria in your colon.  Now here's a sentence you weren't expecting at this time of the morning - it increases stool volume and is therefore commonly used to resolve constipation and diarrhoea. 

Papaya contains a digestive enzyme called papain.  It assists during the digestive process by helping break down protein fibers. While not required in your diet, it can aid the digestion of protein Papain may also ease symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), such as constipation and bloating.
Whole grains, which is why I enjoyed a bowl of porridge oats last night with my apple in 
I've also got quinoa in the new WW meal that I'll be having at some point this week.  To be classified as a whole grain, it must contain 100% of the kernel including the bran, germ and endosperm.
Beetroot!  Well I've got jars of that!  Miso, well I've been meaning to buy some of this since seeing Gok use it on good morning Britain a few weeks back.  Commonly consumed in miso soup, miso is made by fermenting soybeans with salt and koji, a type of fungus.  Miso contains probiotics that, like other fermented foods, help improve digestion by increasing the good bacteria in your gut.  The probiotics in miso can also help reduce digestive issues and overcome intestinal illness like diarrhoea.
Dark leafy greens and salmon, there were other foods but these were the ones I was willing to add to my basket!  Oh and plenty of fluids to aid digestion, it's important to keep drinking, especially water. 
It's not just about what to eat, it's about what not to eat - cut down on fat, go easy on spices and of course less alcohol.  
So here's to another day of gut friendly food, I managed my meat free Monday, I've ordered some veggie burgers to enjoy in my shop, I really enjoyed my porridge with apple, I made it with skimmed milk, I'll use water next time. 
The tinned apples from Sainsbury's are great to have in the cupboard.   
Now that was my breakfast, there's a crumpet and a bit of cheese under those beans, that was too much for my stomach, so maybe portion sizes as well as what I eat. 
Anyway, I'm running well late, my hairs still wet, I'm on at 8, it's nearly half 7, I gotta get a wriggle on.  Working on adding to my eat the alphabet list today for sure and I'm not just doing one letter once, if I eat 3 B's they're going on my list lol. 
Mom had a tough day yesterday, she wanted to go home almost from the moment we woke up, I probably don't help because I refuse to treat her like she has Alzheimer's I don't think she's so far that I have to lie to her and say things like yeah we'll go home tomorrow, I think that would make things worse than telling her it is our house, we've lived here 25 years and then I point out things outside to help her ground herself and realise it is her house.  Enjoy your memory whilst you have it folks!
Mwah, luv ya, let's make it through another day.
Love me.  




No comments: