Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 11 May 2020

It's Monday, you know what that means!

Monday 11th May 2020 
Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want. 

I had me a lie in, 6ish  which is a lie in for me, we went up later than we have been, then I've tossed and turned a bit, but I'm refreshed and before going to bed yesterday I had already had a word with myself about my diet.  I'd treated myself to an M&S meal deal last week and stupidly chose the steak pie, well I paid for that yesterday, my guts were in bits, heartburn, indigestion, just a general feeling of yak because my digestion was struggling with it all.  That's why I will be making sure my supermarket delivery tomorrow is healthy, lots of salad and stuff like that, I've got my new WW meal planner and I'm going to make sure it makes use of food I already have and fresh stuff.  

Thankfully I've maintained on the scales this morning, which is a good sign, that means I've gone a month without a gain - yay, I was just trying to work out the damage of lockdown, but it appears at most it's a pound on over the entire time we've been in lockdown.  I'm 13st which I don't want to be obviously, but I had put on initially and I've lost that so I'm thankful for that.  I'm on my 4th week of yoga, so here's to getting the food sorted too now.  I feel ready, I'm fed up of my stomach crying.

We've got the eat the alphabet challenge and this isn't a competition, it's to encourage me and my members to eat healthier and more variety and with it being national vegetarian week, it's a great time to include lots of fruit and veggies in those letters, I've got a list in a book by Dr Rangan Chatterjee, here it is for you to download Eat the alpabet chart.

I'll be ordering a few things I haven't had in a while and yes my A will be Apple because I don't usually eat them, I think it'll take longer than a week for me to do it but hey no rush.  

Now I know loads of you are re-starting then feeling that you've failed but you haven't you've fallen - get back up!  Im bored with the voice in my head saying the same thing night in, night out - notice not day in, day out - it's two different voices saying two very different things!  

I rarely do a month without a weight gain so for me that's amazing, I'm thinking the yoga is helping with my moods and it's actually making me notice my body, not in a negative way but in a 'this is how my body works' way and I want to help it work better.  I want to make it easier for my stomach to digest my food.  The yoga this morning was 25 minutes, titled Ignite and it was VILE, halfway through she did a move, I've not done before and it felt more like a workout than a yoga practice, I didn't enjoy it.  Now normally when that happens I give up, but I won't, I'll return tomorrow and hope she's calmed down and slowed down.  My stomach muscles are hurting a little, they were yesterday which is obviously from whats she's making me do and that's okay but I don't want it to feel like 'exercise', I want to enjoy it. 

This weeks #WWRefreshChallenge is mindset, what are your goals around this?  Mmm, let me think, 1) yoga practice
2) Do some meditation 
3) Be kind to myself.   Don't expect perfection from myself regarding my diet. 



Now last week was all about fitness, don't forget to acknowledge what you achieved.  It says 3 things I have learnt this week in this image, what did you learn. 

I've learnt.  
1) I can my yoga each morning
2) I enjoy activity that doesn't feel like 'EXERCISE', that isn't painful
3) I feel really good after I clean and do a bit of housework, I enjoy the after effects.  


I'm listening to them talk about National Veggie week on the radio and it's meat free Monday, I might go check out my cupboards and fridge and see if I can do that today.  I've got to change my shopping basket this morning so I'll take this into consideration because I have eaten too much meat this week. I'm not promising a veggie week but more veggie meals maybe.  
Let's make the focus of the week 'Be Better', not perfect, just better.  I'm looking forward to catching up with lots of you again this week, This week’s workshops will support you in getting more sleep - Who doesn’t want that? Join my Virtual workshop to make sure you don’t miss out. You can also opt to have a confidential check-in with us via the chat function by joining me half hour before workshop start time.
For Tuesday 8.30am, Wednesday 5.30pm & Saturday 9.45am Use the link in Wolverhampton Connect Group on WW app.

For Thursday 8.30am (& I'm supporting Hayley at 10.30am) Use the link in Walsall & Dudley Connect Group on WW app.  

After Boris's announcement, I'm not sure what's going to happen next with our workshops, but I do know I'm virtual till the end of May because we knew that already, hopefully we'll know more soon.  Thankfully, these virtual workshops are fab and are helping me and my members.  I'm a member this morning on one, looking forward to that. 

Let me know what you're focusing on this week, I love to hear from you all.  Mwah, luv ya 

Love me. I'm off to walk Alfie.  


No comments: