Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 21 May 2020

& I'm feeling good...

Thursday 21st May 2020
Self care is how you take your power back!
Not practising what I preach this morning, cheating and enjoying the best mug of tea ever and I'ave only drunk half my usual pint of water, I will drink the rest though promise.  I've just had a wonderful yoga session, then did a 10 minute meditation, then because I was up well before 5 as mom got up I decided to do this 10 minute yoga for the shoulders again, I did it the other day and seriously it really does loosen up my shoulders it's brilliant.  https://youtu.be/X3-gKPNyrTA

I'm all set up for my day now!  Yesterday was a very good day with mom, she got up a lot more lucid than she has been, she apologised and we had a chat and I told her she didn't need to but it was nice to hear and it was lovely when she told me I could be a psychiatrist because I'd talked her round the night before bless her.   My sister come round at 9 and I went for a 2 hour walk with V through the fields, that was amazing, normally I'll take loads of photos when walking but yesterday I just wanted to breathe it all in and enjoy a good natter, it was just what the doctor ordered.  I couldn't wait to get in the shower when I got back to ease my sore feet, but they're good this morning thankfully.  My yoga is making such a difference to my body, my wrists and ankles seem a lot stronger than they usually are.  The walk did take its toll on my ankle but it was worth it, it really was.

Anne said mom had slept most of the time she was there which was a bonus, then she slept for a couple more hours when I got back, I think she needed that sleep because she was much better the rest of the day as was I for having had a break away from it all.  I can't tell you how much I've missed the outdoors, nature, trees, fields, grass, cows, just all of it, the clouds as you look out across a field as see the green fields spread out in front of you and the sky above, we saw a buzzard as well, my second favourite bird after the heron, actually almost equal first place because they are so big and always remind me of country lanes that I've driven so often with mom.

I enjoyed an English Breakfast Muffin for breakfast yesterday with scrambled eggs and tomatoes, really enjoyed it, Warburton muffin was 4SP and delicious for a change.  I had an M&S pizza for my tea and from memory not a great deal in between, may have succumbed to one of mom's chocolate fingers but it was only one, cross my heart! Ah I've just checked, I had some strawberries, banana and an apple for my lunch when I got back from my walk.  I've always been weird like that, the more activity I do, the less I want to eat!

Last nights workshop was another corker, I'm loving seeing all my regulars, seeing members I haven't seen for a while because they moved away so couldn't get to my workshops, it's easier to visit virtually and to people I've never met before, I like meeting new people and WW people are always the best people!

I've got two more to look forward to today, 8.30 and 10.30 in the Dudley and Walsall connect group on WW app, hope to see lots of you, if you're having problems working it all out or you've never used zoom before, get in touch, I can help you, I'd hate to think you weren't coming on and catching up because of the technology side of it all.

It's gonna be another warm one today, not quite as warm as yesterday, it was a scorcher though yesterday for sure, I was so hot in my little office on my virtual with the window closed, there was a lot of noise going on outside!  I could actually hear a garden party that was going on in the next street and there was no way they were practicing social distancing with whoever was there!

I'm having Spaghetti Carbonara today, it'll be high on Smart Points but it'll be lunch/dinner again and I'm working on my sanity not the scales at the moment, healthy and happy, hopefully at some point weight loss will become a side effect.  I know not being as active is stopping me burning a lot of calories that I would easily burn in 'normal' life so I'm doing what I can, when I can with what I got.

Here's to having the best possible day, and in the words of Charlie Mackesy, always remember you matter, you're important and you are loved, and you bring to this world things no one else can.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: