Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 May 2020

Here's to a Marvellous Monday

Monday 18th May 2020
You are doing enough, even if it doesn't feel like it.


Oooo I do love Monday mornings, especially when I've woken naturally after a really good, long sleep and my moms in a good mood - bonus!

I've stepped on the scales and I've maintained, so that's an entire month of maintenance which I'm actually quite pleased with because it shows at least my emotions and monthly mood patterns are under control to a certain extent.  I'm not leaving the house to work so all that activity I'd be doing loading and unloading the car, standing and moving around, I'm not doing and that stuff burns calories, so yes I'm really pleased.

My weekly review (you could do this too, I've got the WW journal which has these questions in)

The best bits: 
I ate more fruit.
Drunk a lot less wine.
Doing yoga.
I actually feel really good in myself, I like being me, I like my life mostly despite the obvious disease that's taken over my house and I don't mean the coronavirus I mean dementia

The hardest bits:  
Mom's biscuits and the chocolate Lindt rabbit that's been in the fridge since easter (it's gone now!)
Mom full stop - she's been extremely hard work this week but it isn't her fault I know, it doesn't make it easy to handle though and that makes me want to drink to zone out.

I've loved eating:
The cheese and asparagus omelette I had for breakfast yesterday, easily the best thing I've eaten all week I reckon.
Also the veggie burger was good and I always love chips of any kind.

Next week my goal is: 
To resist moms treats drawer!
That'll do, not setting my sights too high at this time.

Achievements/successes this week:
Done a month of daily morning Yoga, I'm really pleased with that!
Alcohol free days

It's not about the big grand gestures, it's about the small daily tweaks that make the difference.  Mom got on the scales for the first time in a long time this morning, that wasn't pretty bless her, to think before dementia took over she was a goal member at 10 stone and had been for a good ten years, as was I though to be fair!  Yeah Alzheimers has a lot to answer for that's for sure.

But today's Monday and I love Monday's, if every day was a Monday, I'd be slim lol, I can always have a good day on a Monday, I'm well rested, I have nothing to rush to get done, if only it was that easy ay.

The one thing that's come from lockdown and I apologise if I've said this already but hey, this is a little Groundhog Day like isn't it all this.  Anyway I've realised doing my online shop on a Monday for a Tuesday delivery works for me, it means I make wiser choices because my heads in a good place, I'm able to resist the junk, so at least what's coming into the house is better, apart from moms stuff obviously but I'm going to start limiting that too I think!  If I only buy enough for a week, she can only eat that much, yeah that's a good idea.

I might have another omelette this morning I reckon, not got the asparagus but I'll find something, maybe the broccoli that's about to die!  Then if the cauliflower isn't crawling out the fridge, I'll make cauliflower rice with that I think and have it with a curry maybe or something like that.  I need to use those veggies and not buy so much fresh stuff this week, I'll rely on tinned and frozen more.

Anyway, I've bored you enough this morning, I've gotta get drinking my water as I was a rebel this morning and had my mug of tea first!  Makes drinking the water more difficult for some reason.  If you have the WW app, here's a link to show you how to use the new water trackers https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/m/cms/how-it-works/ww-app/water-tracking

We're talking about hydration this week on virtual workshops, I look forward to catching up with you all, my next one is 8.30 tomorrow.

Here's to a marvellous Monday - you in?

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: