Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 1 May 2020

I do love a first of the month!

Friday 1st May 2020
You are here - BE PRESENT!

What we focus on grows, it expands, whether that's good or bad, so I say let's focus on the good, because when we focus on the good the good gets better.  That's my plan for the month of May, I do love the first of a month, I even more love this time of year, it's Spring, a time of new beginnings, the Laburnum tree up our back garden is about to burst into yellow flowers, it will be glorious, that tree is about the same age as me, my brother Ian and I bought it for my mom when I was about 13, it would've been about that age then and when we moved house, we dug it up and bought it with us, I'm so glad we did because it's a constant reminder of the strong relationship I have with my mom and also my brother, we might not see each other very often even outside of lockdown, but the bond is solid.  Next doors glorious lilac trees have flowered since last week.  They've taken a year to do that, which is a reminder that trees don't blossom constantly and neither do we!  We have seasons just like the plants in nature, let's make this coming season a sensational one, let's focus on all the good things and be as positive as we can be because if we decide to focus on the negatives, trust me they too shall grow!

Here's some coping thoughts you could use to replace any negative ones you might be having at the moment, remember you can't think two things at the same time;

I am always important no matter what.
I've dealt with tougher situations and I know it will get better.
This is difficult, so I will be extra kind towards myself.
This is tough but so am I.
Not everything will go my way, but I will try to be flexible.
It's not that great right now, but it's not the worst thing either.
Everything will get better, sooner or later.
If I stay strong I know I will get through it.

Hopefully you might be one of those that's actually handling everything really well.  I'm there at the minute, I know waking up telling myself 'It's going to be a great day, let's start with some yoga' is making a huge difference, because I'm not treating it as 'exercise', more of an experience, I'm not taking it too seriously, so this morning as Alfie once again decided he wanted to chase a cat, then sit on my mat and watch and wait to see if it returned.  I calmly paused the video to let him out then continued to do the yoga poses twisting my way round his body to get into the positions with the back door wide open and the cool air coming in.  There was a time, not that long ago where that would've annoyed and frustrated me, this morning it just made me smile and I took the time to notice the difference, the way the cool breeze felt on my body.  Yeah I like focusing on the positives as much as I possibly can.

It's also working in our virtual workshops this week and last too, members are focusing on the positives and we laughing at our slip ups and our struggles, looking together for solutions instead of dwelling on how tough it is, that's not going to get us anywhere other than feeling that it's tougher so yeah fake it till ya make it I say.  If you don't feel great, take one step towards turning your thoughts to a more positive place by repeating on of those coping thoughts above, over and over in your head until you start to feel a little better. xx

I'm also being realistic, so I know the future is probably going to look very different for me for the foreseeable future, therefore I'm trying to think about that with a positive mind too, but at the same time I'm not going to waste my valuable head space thinking about what I don't know, I don't know what the future is going to look like or bring for me so I'm not going to dwell on it.   I'm cutting my cloth which is sensible in a 'just in case' world where we don't know what's ahead of us, but let's be honest here, we never really know what's ahead of us anyway do we.  I didn't know mom would be diagnosed with Alzheimers, I had plans for us to continue having our amazing holidays but it wasn't to be - we survived!  I haven't had a holiday in about 7 years, it hasn't made me feel as badly as I'd have thought.

Talking about cutting my cloth, saving money, I'm doing my best to not have any waste, so I used the last of the potatoes I'd bought 2 weeks ago yesterday, I just cut off the shoots that were growing from the eyes :) and I had this delicious dinner, oh it was so good, I'm not gonna lie I had bread and butter with it too, but I hadn't had breakfast and I didn't have any tea either because we went to bed at 7.45 - YEAH she wanted to go to bed and who am I to argue, so I lay in bed with my earphones in and watched another episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Well I've done a week on Green and nah, not for me I don't think, I am over on points regardless of which plan I follow but I just love all the zero foods on Blue, the fish, eggs, peas and for the 7 extra points a day I'd get on green, well I don't know if it's worth it.  I'll continue I guess for another week, just because I'm over anyway and I'm eating the foods I have and I'm focusing on healthy right now so it's interesting to see, if I don't think about 'zero' foods as such, how I choose to eat.   I changed my weigh day to Friday didn't I but I'm being a bugga and weighing Friday and Monday (tut tut in know) so I've maintained since Monday but lost 1.5lb since last Friday, it makes sense in my head.  I like the idea of today being the 1st of the month, I'm bang on the stone, so let's see what I am on June 1st! Because I reset my weigh day, my points have reset today too, so here to trying to improve on those points this week!  I will stay off the scales till next Friday now - I promise lol.

Anyway, I'm waffling ain't I and I have letters for mom to print off which she is absolutely loving I have to say, so thank you to everyone who's sent one.

I'm going to take a day off today give mom my full attention, she was on the edge of being a stroppy bitch yesterday but I bought her round eventually and she didn't go full on bat crazy like she had Wednesday night, but I'm used to it now, it's all good.

Let's have that great day shall we?

Mwah, luv ya lots

Love me xx

Here's your May WW tracking calendar - let's do this, I've never completed one of these each day so I will.




No comments: