Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 May 2020

Making progress

Friday 8th May 2020 
Never give up because great things take time.




Well I've been up two hours and only just got to my blog!  Here now though, can you believe it's been 3 weeks since I started doing my yoga with Adriene, it's made such a difference to me, I'm feeling so much more in control, being able to handle moms moods so much better and Alfie's come to that.  I'm calmer and this morning when I rolled out of bed, I didn't feel like I wanted to do any yoga but I made myself, because the hardest part is SHOWING UP!  I started day 2 and half way through I thought to myself this is like yesterdays, then another five minutes later when I'd actually woke up, I realised it was yesterday's, I should've been on day 3 - DOH!  By then though I was glad I'd showed up on my yoga mat and was enjoying it, I checked and mom had gone back to sleep in her chair so I did day 3 as well, go me, 50 minutes of yoga, with the aid of Alfie of course, there's not enough room for me to do some moves without him getting on the mat too! 


A few folk have asked me for the links this week so here you go, this was the beginners one that I did for a week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AYKMP6rOE&t=41s then I did all the other beginner videos on her channel, just type in Adriene yoga for beginners or go to her channel, there's lots to choose from https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene.

I'm focusing on what I'm managing to do at the moment, I'm not being brilliant in the food and wine section, but hey one step at a time.  A tweak a week is always a good way to think.  I'm sleeping better for sure, so that's a bonus, it's been a long time since I've done any form of exercise let alone 3 weeks on the trot.  I'm even eating fruit, I had a mixed fruit tray that I ate over two days, I've had some really good satsumas the last few week, this is all good for me.  


They're my tweaks for this week, hopefully next I can work at reducing my portion sizes or my alcohol intake, but not gonna put any pressure on myself to do that this weekend, maybe from Monday, it is a Bank Holiday after all!  In normal life, I'd be off away on holiday getting drunk and eating goodies, so I'm going to pretend and have a staycation.  I'm jealous of everyone having scones and afternoon tea today, but I didn't think about it until a member mentioned it in the Virtual workshop and it's too late now.  

Today I shall mostly listen to mom read the papers to me, watch some tv and finish the baby blue blanket I started earlier in the week, I've really enjoyed doing it as there was not much thinking involved and no constant colour changing, I do love a blanket.  At least lockdowns enabling me to work my way through my yarn stash!

I've got lamb chops to look forward to today, was going to have a roast dinner but I have some chips that should've been eaten yesterday (they'll be ok) so chops and chips nom nom with peas.  Oh that's just reminded me of the chicken and baked beans conversation and I'm chuckling again.  I asked a few members yesterday morning what they'd got for dinner and Angie said chicken, jacket and baked beans and I thought that was weird, I'd never consider having chicken with beans, so later on when I asked mom I filmed her reaction and I am my mothers daughter because her reaction was the same lol. https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10157884006530862/?notif_id=1588863027932196&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic Mom's loved her letters and I thought it would be fun to ask her some questions and film her answers, it makes her feel like others are interested in her, so I've got a few questions from her Facebook friends and I'll ask her a couple today I reckon, catch her when she's in a good mood. 

Right short and sweet cos Alfie's gonna want a walk to do his business, here's to enjoying another sunny day by the looks of things.  

Enjoy your Friday, mwah, luv u 


Love me xx




No comments: