Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 15 February 2020

Yay, it's the weekend.

Saturday 15th February 2020
"and I said to my body, softly, 'I want to be your friend.' It took a long breath and replied, 'I have been waiting my whole life for this.'"


Today's all about the thinking, you're never gonna feel fabulous until you check in with yourself to find out what's not going well or what is working.  It's like I hadn't realised how much mom had worsened until that nurse came round, to me it's just my new norm, I just say she's being vile, when the truth is she's being aggressive, luckily I'm mostly able to tell myself she doesn't mean it and can't help it because I still remember my real mom, the one I miss every day, the one on the photo on my office wall who's laughing with me in Lanzarote, the one who's been my best friend my entire life.

Now I know being poorly has helped my weight loss journey, firstly because I couldn't eat without feeling sick, but now because I've broken that 'I need to feed' cycle and got a balance back to my appetite.  I'm hoping for another weight loss Monday, might even break that stone barrier, back to my pre-Christmas fighting weight ;)

How I'm thinking truly is making a huge difference, I keep saying 'I'm in a good headspace', starting my day with 'It's going to be a great day' and trying to find the silver lining in every situation.  Our thoughts matter, how we talk to ourselves when no ones listening, it all sticks, so how could we make changes?  I know when I first started saying, 'it's going to be a great day', another voice in my head said, 'you know it ain't though don't ya', but that second voice has gone away now and I am having better days, I know there's always going to be stuff that makes life challenging but hey, that's the side effect of being human, it comes with all that stuff!

Right thoughts, they matter, here's some replacement thoughts you could try;

Instead of                                  Try

I'm a mess!                                  I'm human

I can't                                          I can do difficult things

I'm a failure                                 I'm learning

Why is this happening                What is this teaching me?



See, just try to find a different way of looking at things.   If you're not feeling the love, maybe you're in a bit of a funk, find your way out.  Ask yourself these questions,

'What am I feeling?
Where in my body do I feel it?
If it could talk, what would it say?
What might this be teaching me?
What do I need right now?
What tiny step can I take to meet my need and start to step out of this funk?

If you don't like where you are - MOVE!  You're not a tree!  That quote always makes me smile but it's so true, make changes, if there are things you can't change, get used to them, learn to live with them.

My mom loses her glasses at least 6 times a day, she makes accusations that someone must of stolen them, then she starts searching for them.  This used to drive me batty, but now I say, shall I go upstairs and see if you've left them there, or, let me double check your bag for you.  It takes moments to do and saves loads of stress.   I can't change this behaviour but I can change my response.

Did you eat like you loved yourself yesterday?  I did, I had yogurt, melon and honey for my breakfast, then I had veggie curry and rice for my dinner, wasn't really hungry so had an early night after a bit of wine.

I'm looking forward to my workshop this morning, catching up with my members, hoping I get some visitors from my other workshops because they missed them, there's nothing quite like a busy, buzzing room on a Saturday morning, lifts me up and gets me through the weekend.

Here's to making the most of what you've got, enjoying your day and eating like you love yourself.

It's going to be a great day remember.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx





No comments: