Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Do you still play? How?

Wednesday 19th February 2020 
If you are persistent you will get it.  If you are consistent you will keep it.

Another lie in woo hoo, after watching The Brits last night and sitting there thinking, 'never heard of them, never heard of him, never heard of her', yep I used to be up on my pop scene but I'm a Radio 2 listener these days and for that I am grateful! 

Anyway I loved yesterdays workshops, I love it when we go off on a tangent and talk about whatever comes up, I also love it when I get feedback that the week before has had a massive impact on a member (thanks for that Nic) it does make the job even more worthwhile than it already is. 

I walked in my house at 11ish with the 'it's going to be a great day' mentality that is my mantra these days for my sis to say Alfie had been acting strange again (YAY) so I said I'll walk him see if that helps, to have the following statement snarled at me; 


"How long you going to be gone this time?"


This is a sentence my mom says often when I go to walk Alfie after being at work or when I go back to work on the evening and normally it winds me up but just lately I've realised my reality is how I think it to be, My life is what I think about it. I walked the dog initially thinking to myself how that sentence makes me feel trapped, like I have to be somewhere constantly. But then I had a word with myself and said most people have to be somewhere most of the time, it's called being a grown up.  Okay its not the exact life I'd have chosen but it's my reality and I have lots of good thing going on to compensate for the not so good moments.  

I'm getting better at handling her outbursts, to changing her mood back so it's all good.  When I got back I went in the kitchen for half hour and danced it off with 20 minutes of my body grove on demand, then I got my cook on, I needed to use up the spinach gnocchi as it was use by 18Feb and I'd defrosted some salmon so I made a white sauce (simple 450ml skimmed milk, 40g plain flour, 40g low fat spread).  I plonked the salmon in the dish, surrounded by the spinach gnocchi, noticed I had 3 packs of cheese triangles in the fridge and one pack, ssh was out of date, it tasted okay so I popped them in as well and poured the sauce on top then baked for about 25 minutes.  It was so filling and tasty, bit stodgy but that kind of food has it's place on a cold day.  I took a portion for Carol and Julie and I even got a 'that was delicious' text off Julie, which is rare but always welcome.  It's always nice to be thanked isn't it!   This was how it looked.



I roasted the cauliflower, only managed to salvage 1/3rd of the cauliflower that was in the fridge, it had started to go off.  But now all the fresh stuff has been used that was delicious the day after I started to feel poorly and lost my appetite.  


Mmm, what to cook today, need to go raid the freezer, probably tinned veggies, I had tinned peaches and yogurt for breakfast yesterday will have the other half today.  I did indulge in a slice of toast too, love a slice of cold toast I do.

Need to get an ankle support so I can continue to enjoy doing the kitchen dancing, it's sure reaching places I forgot I had muscles and I'm loving it.  Yesterday she also had me do a meditation, where I pictured my younger self and have a conversation, it was a little odd at first but once I got into it, she asked me what advice would I give the younger me, what would I say to her and it's an interesting question to ponder.  She then asked what would the younger version of me say to me now!  This is what I came up with;

Me to the child me - Be you, don’t try to fit in, to conform, it’s okay to be different, to be unique, to follow your flow.  You don’t have to be like everyone else, or o what others to.  It’s okay to be YOU. 

Think about it, You're not going to find out much about yourself if you're always looking at other people - you've got to look inside.  You are unique - you should look different. You should be different.  Enjoy being an original.

And the only advise I could come up with from my child me to the me now, was 'Find ways to play', yeah I like that, I'm finding dancing round the kitchen is helping, I've always said I've got two left feet or no rhythm but talking to a member last night, I thought to myself actually you're not that bad and who cares because you enjoy it.  

There's a couple of things for you to think about today, what would your conversation sound like?  

Oh and don't forget it's going to be a great day!  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: