Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Finishing what I started

Tuesday 11th February 2020
There is no right time, just time and what you choose to do with it.


That image just popped up in my Pinterest feed and made me smile, a proper happy owl, so I thought I'd share.  Plus there's not much to write as I've not done anything in the last 24 hours other than try and get well, it didn't work lol, but I'll get there.  As long as I can controlling the coughing I'll be okay at work, I don't feel 'ill' anymore and the painkillers help with the aches and pains mostly caused by coughing I reckon, you wouldn't believe how far the reverberations go through the body from a nasty cough or maybe you do because I'll hardly the first to have a cough am I.  I did nip over the chemist to ask for anything that might loosen up my chest to be told I should really go to the doctors, so I did and of course they couldn't fit me in, nor were there any appointments at the emergency doctors and unless I wanted to go to the walk-in then I had to call again at 8 the next morning.  Happy days, I can't do that, I can't leave mom on her own for hours whilst I sit in the walk-in.  So I'll continue to do what I'm doing and drink plenty fluids and believe the NHS website that says a mild chest infection can heal on it's own in a couple of weeks, I'll just hope it is a mild one lol. I'm sure it is. The NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chest-infection/ is a great place for information in case you're not well.

I did make soup though with all that veg from the wonky box that wasn't being used in anything else and wasn't fresh enough for anything else.  It was actually delicious;


16SP in the entire pan, just threw it all in with some chicken stock cubes.

What's your favourite poorly food?  I often turn to soup, it's one of the only times I eat it, but usually it's Heinz tomato soup with bread and butter but that can be a bit sickly so it depends what kind of poorly I am, I also randomly opt for Heinz mulligatawny soup, think it's the curry aspect clearing my nose with that, oh and it reminds me of my dad but that never really offered any comfort when he was alive!  Chicken soups the obvious option or scrambled eggs.  I am guilty of getting a craving for greasy food though I won't like, like a plate of chips.  I do know I want quick meals for this week, I'm not going to want to be cooking, thankfully there's a couple of ready meals in the fridge and lots of bulk meals in the freezer for me to go at. 

I'm on my next crochet project of the year, I've decided I need to go back and finish off all those works in progress from last year, so I'm now on a lovely white blanket made of squares that I join together as I go, it would make the most gorgeous christening blanket when finished.  Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks hopefully, well maybe a little longer depending on what else is going on. 

I'd already done these 9 squares last year and I need 90, so watch this space, I'm up to 21 so far I think.  I have a few things that need finishing off so that's the plan, finish them before I start something new.  

Is there anything you're putting off doing that you know needs doing?  You know you'll feel so much better after it's done, so get started or plan when you will.  If it's a big job, break it down into bite sized chunks and chip away at it a bit at a time.  

That's very similar to weight loss isn't it, break it down into realistic steps, you're not going to lose a stone in a day but you can chip away at it 1/2lb at a time and before you know it, you've lost a stone by summer.  At a pound a week, you'd be 4 stone lighter this time next year, 2lb a week would be a staggering 8 stone! WOW, I'd be happy with a stone lighter by this time next year whilst still enjoying delicious food and building healthy habits that I could continue forever.

Anyway I'm off to have a shower in the hope that not only will it get me clean (obviously) but it'll unblock my sinuses and loosen my chest, here's hoping my voice holds out long enough to talk to my members, I'm sure they'll help me out with the chat though, they usually do.

Here's to believing and saying it's going to be a great day

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 

No comments: