Your Monday morning thoughts set your tone for your whole week.
This is your Monday morning reminder that you are amazing and can achieve anything you can handle anything. Hell yeah you can!
The upside of me being poorly is I've lost 3lb this week lol, that's the lightest I've been this year, so fingers crossed I can use that as a motivator to keep me going. I feel a bit better in myself this morning, still not 100%, got the worst cough I've ever had I think, or it just seems like the worst because my bladder no longer works like it did when I was younger (tmi). It's true what they say though, rest as much as you can, drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol and ibuprofen, it works you don't need no fancy medication, although a spoon of honey in a cup of hot water did soothe my throat but I can't do all the cough sweets they make me feel sick, I did succumb to cough medicine yesterday, I've never coughed like that before and I was willing to try anything, I'm gonna have a 6 pack from all the straining on the stomach muscles.
I've got veg threatening to walk out the kitchen so I think I'll make soup with it this morning and do my washing, I've been putting everything off to rest up, but Ill do what I absolutely need to do today. Bless my mom she washed up for me yesterday as I walked Alfie round the block in that crazy wind, he was of course oblivious to the weather.
Oh I tried a BOL veggie meal yesterday and it went in the bin, I love a bit of vegetarian/vegan food but wasn't impressed by this, it looked fab and was 12SP but no, I wasn't that hungry at all! I have another one in the fridge 'Tandoori butternut rogan squash', I'll cook it but if it's not good, I won't be eating it.
- Right what we gonna do today and this week to feel fabulous this month.
- Make sure you make time for your workshop (or visit another)
- Drink plenty of water (fluids)
- Track your food regardless of whether you're within your allowance.
- Why not pre-track, this way you're planning your meals beforehand too.
- Plan meals where possible, do some meal prep.
- Scan foods whilst you're in the supermarket (take a marker pen and write the points on as you pop them in your trolley.
- Fill up on those zero hero foods, but don't overeat them.
- If you're a fan, try the blue dot challenge.
- If you have a craving for something, have it, use your weeklies, no foods off limits.
- Find ways to move a little regardless of the weather.
- Try a new recipe, switch it up in the kitchen.
- Use your WW app to it's full potential. Get those Wellness Wins.
- Make sure you do a healthy shop.
- Find yourself an accountability partner (could be someone in the workshop who you agree to check in with throughout the week, if you're my member, you can message me to let me know you're on it.)
- Fill up on fruit and veg, no one joined WW because they eat too many berries.
- Count every point, not just the ones you are happy with.
- Have a kitchen clear out, donate the 'junk' food to a food bank, you can't eat what isn't there.
- Write your WHY in your success story booklet.
- Keep your trigger foods out of reach, better still out of the house.
- Have healthy low point snacks to hand, even when you're out at about.
- Visualise how you want to look and feel, you could make a mood board or book.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don't use excuses to go off track (I could've easily used my cold as an excuse to treat myself to greasy food)
- Move more / walk more
- Never miss your workshop regardless of how your weeks gone.
Mmm what else could you do, I'm not expecting you to do everything but rather than me give you one thing to do, I'm going to let you choose what will help you and work on that. If you can think of anything I can add to the list, let me know.
Anything else you can add? What can you do this week that will help you feel fabulous and healthy and positive and look forward to getting up in the morning. For me it's getting well and stop coughing, so I know if I eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids and rest up, I've got more chance of that happening. I also know if I continue to take care of myself, I'm less likely to get ill again anytime soon!
I was really chuffed with myself yesterday when I finished my latest crochet creation. I started working on it last year, did all these granny squares and then left them in a box to do other things, I finally finished it off this weekend, creating my own border pattern which I was thrilled with and I had so many wonderful comments on Facebook that it made it even more wonderful. One day my house will be cool enough to need a blanket, until then, I will store them all somewhere safe lol. 12 x 17 squares, total 204 squares, that takes some patience and its another reminder that if I put my mind to something, I can do it. I'll use that persistence to continue my weight loss I reckon, what do you say?
It's going to be a great day.
Mwah, luv ya,
Love me xx