Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 1 December 2019

Happy Advent.

Sunday 1st December 2019
One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things.


If you only buy one book this Christmas make it this one, my very good friend introduced it to me, she'd posted some images on Instagram and told me when I commented that it reminded her of me when she first saw it, because I like Winnie the Pooh and the quotes are just like the quotes I say (her words not mine).  She's bang on though, it's the most beautifully written book and a wonderful work of art, I will treasure my copy.  We often forget what truly matters, the simplicity of this book will make it a wonderful gift for anyone at any time of the year, I want to actually buy lots and hand them out to anyone who needs kindness, love and friendship in their life, it really is a charming book.  Sadly I've not got that kind of money ;) but the thought's there!   Instead I'll share a few pages below and hope you treat yourself xx 



 


All in all not a bad day yesterday, the crafternoon definitely got some people making things as they posted on Facebook, Jemma had her kids making Christmas cards, loved that, hopefully more took part without the photos.  I stuck with crochet but tried something new, I think I'll be sticking to blankets though, as this kind of thing is very fiddly!  

Not my best work, but not bad for a first attempt, just got to do her bra, arms and fin flare, oh and more hair, she's got a huge bald patch at the back 😂. Can I add if you ever see these kind of things for sale and they're handmade, know they take hours, I was at this all afternoon, a good 6 or 7 hours I bet!  

Judy made some gorgeous bits and if you go to the event page https://www.facebook.com/events/2471645273104058/?active_tab=discussion she was selling them to raise money. 

We've raised £460 for Mind so far, a huge thank you for everyone who's bought a raffle ticket, it was won by a lovely lady named Sheila, she's chuffed. 

Anyway, my day will most consist of walking Alfie, trying to keep moms spirits up, not a bad day all in all yesterday, crochet, oh and I think I'm going to have a go at making a tuna bake, I honestly don't think I've ever made one before!  There's a recipe on the app for 11SP on green, obviously it'll be less on other plans. 

Right it's daylight now, I'm off to get stuff done early so I can relax later, although Alfie's still on moms bed so we won't be rushing out the door!  

Happy advent everyone, how lucky am I that my lovely friend Tina delivered an advent calendar to our house yesterday, after already buying me a little gift to make me smile. 

mwah, luv ya


Love me 


No comments: