Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 December 2019

That's my Christmas over, back on it now

Monday 30th December 2019
We can't always choose the music life plays, but we can choose how we dance to it. 



Well my weekly weigh-in is telling me Christmas week cost me 2.5lb, which can be added on to the 1.5lb I gained the week before Christmas!  8.5lb gained in total since November, damn you December you truly are dangerous and I'm ready to get my healthy back.  The good news is I've ended the year lighter than I started it, maybe only a few pounds but that'll do me. 

I'm so ready to eat some healthy food, today will mostly consist of eggs and fish, I've already eaten 2 satsumas and had a glass of water, I just wished satsumas tasted that good all the time!  I need to stick with the fruit and try to eat one or two pieces a day.  

Now I had a delicious Higgidy cauliflower cheese and brocolli quiche yesterday but 27SP is a lot of points for anything, although to be honest I thought it would be much higher, it was 400g, large enough to share.  I'm thinking of making a crustless quiche version, I'm not a huge fan of pastry to be honest so can live without that part.  I'm going to experiment and use quark as it's zero on the Blue and Purple plan, and low on Green.  I'll let you know if it works but I've got to get my hands on quark first!  I could make a frittata instead and leave the quark out! 

This is the standard recipe I reckon you can just swap cottage cheese for quark.

Crustless Quiche

50g low fat cottage cheese 
3 eggs

Add any veg you like, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, peas etc
2 chopped bacon medallions.  

Whisk together and cook on 180 for approx 25-30 mins.

I just found this great recipe for using fruit and quark whilst having a look through my stuff, it's a great way to have a bit of something sweet whilst adding to your 5 a day. 

Peach fool
Serves 4, 0 SmartPoints 💜💙, or 2SP Serving 💚 

1 can peaches in juice, drained 
150g Quark 
300g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt 

Puree the peaches until smooth. 

Separately mix quark and yogurt together. 

Layer the puree and quark mixture into small glasses and add a swirl on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving. 

then of course there's always 

2 ingredient pancakes
Serves 4. SmartPoints per serving 0 or No Count


4 bananas, mashed 
2 eggs, lightly beaten 
1 tsp salt 
Calorie controlled cooking spray 

or I'm going to make the WW porridge muffins, 1 packet of porridge mixed with 1 banana and 1 egg, then bake in muffin cases, I really like these. 

I was going to talk about how New Year is about making choices and changes that you plan to keep too, but heck I like talking about food and ideas to get us back on track is way more important I think.  Which is why WW are giving us all a kick start booklet this week and next in your workshops, lots of recipes and meal plans to get us back on track. 

Yeah I need to get my cook back on, I need to get my books out and go back to basics, nothing better than a new year project and why not make that me!  My fridge is empty of junk, don't get me wrong there's still things like cheese in there but that can be enjoyed in moderation, same with the stuff in the freezer, if I focus on my zero heroes, I can add the goodies from the freezer to them as and when I fancy.  But today I really fancy fish, either salmon or tuna, undecided yet. I'm thinking with noodles as I've been craving a pot noodle since we started collecting them for the Street Ministry (still collecting btw plus any unopened Christmas goodies you want out your house, we'll take them too, they'll be grateful for biscuits, cakes, chocolates, there's the food bank for other stuff too, toiletries, tins, anything thats edible or useable).  Yeah noodles or spaghetti, I'm going to look for a recipe either on the WW app, in the new MyWW Cookbook or in my WW books, yeah I'm feeling positive and ready to do this.

So yesterday I asked you to add some fruit to your day, the day before it was drink some water, today mmm, I'll give you a choice, either add some walking or cook a healthy meal from scratch.  Yes I know it's Monday, I know it's back to work for some but you know what, this is to prove that neither of those things have to take a long time, a 20 minute walk will do you the world of good and you can easily knock a meal up in 20 minutes or less, I do that all the time.  I mean an omelette takes minutes, that counts as a meal from scratch!

A very lovely lady bought me a Winnie the Pooh diary, I don't really use a diary, I do it all on my phone so instead I'm going to use it as my WW diary, there's not a lot of space each day but I can write in the points I use, the FitPoints I earn and some positives, I have my app for the tracking etc this can be a book to look at each morning and motivate myself to keep going.  I need to remember I need to keep going, I also have an actual Pooh bear sitting on my windowsill watching me too.

Let's start as we mean to go on, positive and believing that we can do this.  Here's to preparing for a new year, a new decade, a new you maybe? 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: