Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 December 2019

Feeling cabbaged lol

Saturday 7th December 2019
We are shaped by our thoughts.  We become what we think.

Good morning, it's so dark out there, I'm so glad we're almost at the shortest day (well 2 weeks away) but then it'll start going back the other way and getting a little bit lighter every day, leading me towards Spring which is my favourite season of the year, I love watching nature come back to life. 

I enjoyed an amazing massage yesterday, it was my Karen who's known me for, oh got to be ten years, she let me sound off for a few minutes beforehand, get all the crap out my head, then I relax as she concocts some amazing oils and works her magic!   

I'm listening to Radio 2 and the song playing is taking me right back to my youth, 'I wonder if I take you home' Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with Full Force, wow, 1985, now that was a year, I was a mere 15, doing everything I could to get out of school and work instead. My how things have changed, this was not the future I imagined lol, although I've never been one for thinking about the future at all, I've never had plans, other than places I'd wanted to visit and booking holidays a year in advance, that's about it.  

Whilst I was having my massage yesterday, I transported myself to the Pembrokeshire coastal path and imagined me walking it, I have walked most of it at some point over time, even walked lots of it with mom and I plan to walk it in its entirety at some point in the future, obviously not for a good while but I'll get there and I'll be reminiscing and moving on as I do it.  

But today, I shall get ready for work, even though it doesn't feel like work though because I love it, I'll go and catch up with my members, hear about their weeks, their lives and totally enjoy being out the house for a few hours.  

If any good has come from having Alzheimers in this household, it's making me appreciate the small things, I think when the inevitable happens, I won't ever stop appreciating them either.  I'll never see having to go to the shop as a chore, it'll always be a treat, it's not until you can't get out, that you truly value being able to get out so much.

I did have a catch up with an old friend via messenger yesterday, see I can't even talk on the phone like normal folk as that causes issues sometimes and I can't be doing with the fallout, so instead I type into my phone and she's none the wiser.  It was good to chat, to hear how things are, also to realise we all have our own crap going on, no ones lives are easy and hearing others talk about there's makes mine more tolerable.    I'm lucky I'm coping with my crap ain't I!  So many people suffer with mental health issues, anxiety, depression, not to tempt fate but I've been lucky not to be, don't get me wrong, I get sad, mad, down, angry but nothing that I feel I can't handle, erm universe that isn't a challenge! 

My challenge is my eating and drinking that's for sure, that's enough of a challenge for anyone, yesterday wasn't too bad, I had my fruit, I had some salmon, I only had a little wine and I had an early night, today, I've not planned my meals yet, I'm thinking simples.  

I've just seen this photo of roasted cabbage steaks and I'm thinking nom nom!  Tweak the recipe a bit and we could be onto a winner. 


Instead of oil, spray light the cabbage, it tells you to mix 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 2 teaspoons honey in a bowl, does it need that much oil?  
I'm thinking spray the cabbage and just mix the other two ingredients together.  Brush it onto the cabbage slices, season with salt and pepper, the sprinkle with thyme but I don't have none.  Then roast under the slices are tender and edges are gold, about 25-30 minutes on 400°F (200°C).

Yep I might just do that, be good with some Tuna out of my freezer, or I have a bit of chicken in honey and mustard left, I think that should still be ok?! 

Ooo I'm going to get all creative with my cabbage!  Instead of the oil, I could wrap the cabbage in bacon, nom nom, mixing those zero heroes in to keep the points in the meal down.   Or how about cabbage hash browns?  

INGREDIENTS
large eggs
1/2 tsp. 
garlic powder
1/2 tsp. 
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 c. 
shredded cabbage
1/4 
small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. 
vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic powder, and salt. Season with black pepper. Add cabbage and onion to egg mixture and toss to combine.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Divide mixture into 4 patties in the pan and press with spatula to flatten. Cook until golden and tender, about 3 minutes per side.
And now I'm not just running late, I'm hungry too lol.  I need to get my backside in the shower and get ready.  Pinterest is a dangerous place, where hours of your life disappear.  

Catch ya laters, mwah luv ya xx


Love me xx

No comments: