Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Stone by Christmas 😂

Wednesday 18th December 2019
This months choices are next months body = ouch! 


When I was tidying my office I found my own success story WW booklet, in it one of the things I'd written under 'What are my goals', was 'Stone by xmas', well the good news is I didn't write which Christmas!  Just saying, I'm not going to beat myself up that I didn't make it, I am half a stone lighter, here's to ending the year lighter than I started it.  Emotionally and mentally I'm in a much better place than I was back when I wrote that, which is so much more important to me at this moment in time with everything that's happening in this household.  Here's to continuing to take care of myself in 2020. 

"Bev, where are you?  If you wandering where I am, I've come to bed, I got home from work and I didn't feel very well so I cam up".  That was how I was woken this morning ;( poor love woke up totally confused and feeling dreadful.  It's not just the Alzheimers, she feels poorly too, her legs are so swollen and full of fluid, she feels sick, her toilet habits aren't good, it really isn't fair.  As she said in her own words about ten minutes later when we were chatting, "I didn't think I'd end up like this!"  Neither did I mom, neither did I 💕

I don't write that to make you sad or to hope you feel sorry for me, I write it because well I know there's a few out there going through similar situations who read my blog and I want them to know they're not alone.  I also write it so you can appreciate your own lives whilst you're in good health, oh and if your weight is affecting your health (or could do in the future) that maybe this will encourage you to do something about it (that's a message for me too!).  I'm not going to stress too much over the weight loss for the rest of this year though at all, not going to go crazy either.  

On a more positive note, Tuesday was good all round yesterday, my members were as wonderful as ever, we talked Christmas and our tactics for survival.  Mom was in a good mood, slept quite a lot and there was no moaning about me going to work which was such a welcome relief I have to admit because I was able to enjoy work rather than feeling guilty.  I'm looking forward to my Christmas Eve  catch up with my members, I know a lot are coming to my morning workshops, I think I won't see more than a handful at the night one, but you never know, maybe my Wednesday and Thursday members will want to come and get a sneaky check in to keep them on track ;) 

Food - cauliflower rice is definitely my new best friend.  Weirdly for some I had it for breakfast yesterday morning with an egg on the top and a roast tomato.  Now I know that's not for some but I have been known to have normal rice, hell I've had the curry to go with it for breakfast! 


To cook roast cauliflower rice - cook in oven on 180 fan oven, 200 electric or gas mark 4, for about 12-14 minutes.  I put on a baking tray with a baking sheet on to stop it sticking, then spray the cauliflower rice with spray light and sprinkle some salt on it before putting in oven.  You could add any herbs or spices you fancy.  

When we were talking about it in the workshop on the morning, I was asked if you could use it to make egg fried rice, so when I got home I gave it a go, I still roasted the cauliflower first, then in a pan I fried some red and yellow pepper and green peas with 2 slices of chopped bacon, then in a mug I whisked eggs with a fork.  Added rice to pan then poured on egg and mixed through till cooked.  It was good but personally I'd rather do the veggies in pan, the cauliflower in oven and fry my eggs and plonk them on the top :)   


Today I plan to add some cheese into the equation, a bit of parmesan sprinkled on top for the last couple of minutes in the oven will be delicious I reckon, nom nom. 

My plan for today was to tidy the living room or my bedroom but I've just this minute decided not too, instead I'm going to open my Crochet Society subscription box and have an hour with the video tutorial and attempt to make myself a pair of slippers using the lovely Aran yarn that came in the box, I can tidy another day, plus I'll have more energy next weekend after having a couple of extra days off - I'll probably be feeling stir crazy by then too so cleaning will be a distraction.

On that note, I'm gonna go make mom and I another cuppa, then find my crochet hook.  Looking forward to seeing some of my members later for the last time this year as I know they won't come to another workshop, they'll be enjoying themselves too much ;) 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x😂 

No comments: