Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Good morning, keep going

Wednesday 4th December 2019
Today is like coffee, it will be as good as you make it.

Good morning, mid-week, 4th of the month, last month of the year, so many folk out there thinking, 'oh I'll stop trying and enjoy Christmas then I'll restart in January', so dangerous, taking care of ourselves shouldn't be something we do as and when we can be bothered, it should be something we think about all the time.   Of course we won't be perfect all the time and constantly resist temptation, that's not what healthy eating is all about, it's about doing what we can when we can and if that's not every day or every meal at this time of year, that's okay because after all it is Christmas time.  One member told me yesterday that she wasn't expecting a loss because her grandson had called her and insisted on taking her out for a meal - heck I'd take being treated to a meal out by a loved one over a weight loss any day of the week!  I think it's wonderful that a grandson wants to take his nan out.  One meal doesn't have to undo your entire week, it doesn't have to undo your day either, make wise choices at other meals, focus on those zero foods and make the best of the situation.  How wonderful is it if you have so many social engagements at this time of year you're finding it difficult to stay on track.  Isn't it brilliant that you're so popular and loved?  I think so, I've never been a social butterfly but I've always loved a good meal out with friends, laughing and giggling about the silly things in life and I don't think those times are times to worry about calories.

As this isn't something I've got to worry about, today I'm going to do my best to have a good food day, I've got a fruit salad to work my way through - oh yeah I opted for fruit on my meal deal instead of dessert from the supermarket shop, check me out.  See thats doing what I can when I can.  I'm going to make a stew and do a chicken tonight honey and mustard so I have enough meals for the next 3 days without having to think about it tomorrow when I'm super busy or Friday when I'm shattered from Thursday. 

We're talking zero heroes in workshops this week and it was so wonderful to hear everyone get excited about the idea of cauliflower steaks in the morning workshop and white cabbage in salad and pitta breads in the night one, just goes to show it isn't just junk food that gets us enthusiastic when it comes to eating.  I devoured my tea, 2 pitta breads (9SP) with salad and fat free natural yogurt mixed with mint sauce, so good, proving you can eat cold food in the winter and not feel deprived or hungry afterwards. 


I'm gonna do a little bit of housework this morning, earn me a few FitPoints, I don't like doing it but it needs to be done, the thing is we don't have to enjoy everything we have to do but if it's going to make our lives better, then it's a good idea to do it!  

On that note, I'll get gone and start whilst I'm in the mood and moms still in bed so I can hoover and mop the living room.  Here's to making it a very, great day xx 

mwah, luv ya 

Love me x 

No comments: