Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 May 2019

Well this WW really does work!

Thursday 30th May 2019
two things you are in total control of in life are your attitude and your effort.



Well what can I say - I never expected that....

Another 2lb off which means I've lost 7.5lb in May, WOW what a difference prioritising my own needs has made, things like stopping doing everything to actually cook myself a proper, healthy, low SmartPointed meal, taking Alfie for another walk, even if he only does a short one.  Going to the supermarket to look for bargains and most importantly taking the time for my workshop with Elle each week.  Yeah I'm thrilled as 7lb was my goal by summer, but I expected it to be mid summer not before it even starts, so yeah I'm chuffed, plus I'm not obsessing about the numbers which is a lot less stressful.  I'm more about the journey this time, the way I feel and I gotta tell ya, I feel great.

I'm not even bothered that I'm having the most incredible menopausal night sweats, they will not bring my mood and enthusiasm for taking care of myself down.

I made the WW porridge mini muffins again yesterday, they are so good, I took them for my helpers to try and they agreed they are good, especially as you get 2 for 1 SmartPoint, I bought my tray from amazon muffin tray, I put 2 raspberries in each muffin, mixed 2 packets of porridge, 2 bananas, 2 eggs together and baked for about 25 minutes, until they looked cooked - so good warm out the oven, be careful the berries don't burn ya though. 


My lunch was epic, left over St Agur chicken 3SP, with bacon medallions (1SP) and salad, with the new Caesar salad dressing which is delicious, will be enjoying that again. 


My tea was one of Harj's curry and rice treats, so no cooking for me there.  I'll put the recipe at the bottom of the blog.

So I have managed to bag my WW community a bargain, I mentioned yesterday I've signed up for on demand workouts because I don't really fancy the idea of classes and with mom getting out is difficult, plus I'm so damn unfit I don't think for a minute I'd manage an hour and if I did, I wouldn't be able to move much the next day, but I did manage a 15 minute workout for people with bad knees yesterday and you know what, I can feel where it's worked so it is doing something, I will do it again tomorrow and Sunday, maybe Monday too, if I can do it 3-4 times a week, then build up I think it's all going to help, I'm also going to do a plank every day.  June is going to be about making activity a habit.

Anyway after talking to Lorraine the lady who does the local classes and on demand stuff, she's set up a special WW offer, https://www.ltfitness.net/plans-pricing £5 a month for unlimited online workouts, that's the price of one class if you were going to leave your house to go to one, so I think that's a bargain for sure and if the others are like the one I did yesterday, I'd say they're worth it.  She's even going to look at doing a few more directed to older people or people with health problems who will struggle to do anything.   Just having a quick scroll through, there's wake up & workout stuff, pump and tone, yoga, resistance bands (which I fancy next), abs, kettle bells, dance, low intensity interval training, full body, retro step, spin, oh it goes on but. you get my gist, yeah defo a bargain if you need to start moving more and build up your strength which is what I've realised I need.

Anyway, I need to get gone, I have work to do, a mom to sort, a dog to walk, and so it goes on.  Here's to making Thursday tremendous, remember I'm not being perfect and I'm losing so you don't have to be perfect either, enjoy the process. x


Harjit’s Chicken Curry 
Serves around 6-7.

3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5SP)
4 Onions, chopped
1-2 teaspoons Salt 
3 blocks frozen Garlic, (Asda sell already frozen blocks),
2 blocks Ginger 
3 Green Chilli, (add more if you like it spicy, less if you don’t like heat)
2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds), 
1 ½ teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric), 
½ large can Tomatoes (Blended) or ¼ carton passata, 
500g chicken breast 
1 teaspoon Garam Masala, Fresh Coriander (Optional)

1. Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.
2. After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)
3. Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.
4. Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of Haldi (Turmeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.
5. Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.
6. When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.
7. Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.

8. Serve 



https://www.ltfitness.net/plans-pricing £5 a month

No comments: