Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 23 May 2019

Buzzing ain't I!

Thursday 23rd May
Difficult roads often lead to BeYOUtiful destinations. 




I went to bed with the biggest smile on my face last night, I know it should've been because I'd lost weight at the scale that morning - 2lb taking my total up to 5.5lb in May and getting me into the next stone bracket but that wasn't the reason, it was because I had just seen 2 fox cubs playing in my back garden, too cute!  I knew I had a fox under my summerhouse and now I know she's had 2 cubs, yesterday I'd woke up to find a plant pot half way up the garden and a few other things moved and I had a feeling they'd been out playing, so it was wonderful to see for myself.  I ended up going to bed later than planned but I woke up buzzing anyway, so plenty of water and good energy food to keep me going through the day.

I made these delicious egg nom noms yesterday, I'm using up what's in fridge so had spring onions and a yellow pepper although you could use any veggies and I use a mini muffin tray (£6.45 on amazon), but guess you can use a bigger one 

Diced spring onions and pepper - you can use any veg.

Share veggies between muffin case, then I popped a bit of phili light in each one, used 80g in total which was 6SP, this would work with light cheese triangles also, adjust points accordingly.  

Whisked 6 eggs and add salt & pepper (and any herbs or spices you fancy) and pour in each one to cover over


Cook in oven, mine took 20 mins at 180 or until cooked


They were so good straight from the oven, I got 5 for 1SP, great cold too. 

I decided I needed food before pay day, so nipped into Aldi on my way home, returned a camera to Amazon so was £72 in credit (been trying to get those foxes on camera all month, the minute I send it back, I see them in real life) those images are in my head forever.  

I finally got round to trying the SlimWell Chicken Tikka Masala, the greedy cow inside me was trying to convince me it was alright because its only 3SP but the lover of good food was screaming nah, it’s not for me, some of the chicken pieces are chewy & the sauce is a little on the tomatoey side, if I could buy the sauce on its own for about a point a jar & add my own chicken, maybe I would but I wouldn’t label it tikka masala, it's nothing like the one I love from M&S but that's 16SP so that says it all.  I think I might have to have a cook of my mates butter chicken recipe, that's delicious.  I'll pop the recipe at the end of this blog. 

For my tea I had this minted chicken kebab, I used a Flava-it mint sachet, which is 1sp per quarter or 6SP for the packet, I used half so that was 3SP.  The rice was 5, half a microwave packet and 1sp for the dressing. SO GOOD! I do love food and I'm loving that I'm making time to cook for myself.  



Now I've never been to one of this ladies classes but I get a lot of excellent feedback about her so I asked her to make a video for my members about next weeks topic and she did, here it is if you want a watch Strength training, she also starts a new Yoga class at the hub at Ashmore Park tonight at 7.30 if you're fancying something new, I'd love to be able to go, yoga is something I enjoy, but I'm still at work and because of mom it's not feasible, so if you can and want to - GO for me ;) 

Well I am in a very, great mood this morning, I'm 1.5lb off my next little goal of 7lb, I hadn't seen this number on a set of scales in a Workshop in a very long time, I'd seen it naked on a Monday morning after going to the toilet but they won't let ya undress in a workshop so I was delighted to see it yesterday, once I've got that 7lb, I'm aiming for 12st 7lb as the next one, breaking it down into small goals.  None scale goal today is to drink my water to help keep me going through my 12 hour day, because I have a feeling I might be having another late night now I know those fox cubs are there.  
Enjoy your day, if you're struggling, remember I was too (well I still ain't finding it easy) but let's take it one meal at a time and together improve each and every day xx 




Here's that epic recipe from my mate Claire

Butter Chicken feeds 7sp per serving, plus rice or use cauliflower rice for zero
180g dried rice is 18sp - cook according to instruction

550g chicken breast diced (or more as it's zero)
5Tbsp Tandoori spice 3sp
1 ½ tbsp can't believe it's not butter light 3sp
5 green cardamom pods lightly crushed
1” cinnamon stick
4 cloves
2 small onions finely chopped I used 3 shallots
1 heaped tbsp grated ginger
1-2 green chillies slit lengthwise
2 tsp paprika
2tsp curry powder (any)
2 tsp garam masala powder
3 tbsp tomato puree 1sp
120ml Elmlea light cream 7sp
5 teaspoons sweet freedom syrup 4sp
1/2 tsp fenugreek leaf powder (Sainsbury's)
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander for garnish

Marinade chopped chicken for few hours in the tandoori spice then oven cook till tender.

Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan and add the butter. Add green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. Fry for 20 seconds, add the onions and sauté for 5-7 mins on medium heat until they take on a light brown colour.

Add the grated ginger and slit green chillies. Fry for a further minutes and add the curry powder, paprika, garam masala powder along with the tomato puree. Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes. Now gradually add the cream stirring continuously to mix all the spices with the cream. Simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. At this stage add a splash of water if the curry is too thick. Stir in the syrup and the fenugreek powder. Season to taste. Now add the cooked chicken pieces and simmer the curry on a low heat for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.

No comments: