Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 5 May 2019

#MyMay is doing me the world of good

Sunday 5th May 2019
Don't reward yourself with food - you're not a dog! 


Walking whilst blogging today, Alfie wasn’t impressed I had a lie in and he wasn’t gonna let me sit and enjoy my cuppa and do my blog before taking him out, he can be very convincing when he needs to be.  So here we are enjoying the cool morning air, trying to look up to appreciate the spring sights and smells at the same time as typing, thankfully we stop a lot for him to sniff and pee. 

Well I’m still having problems with my head so I’ll be making an appointment with the docs, it’s waking me up now, stabbing pains in the ride side of my scalp towards the back, very unpleasant, painkillers ease it off but it ain’t going away at all and of course I’ve googled it occipital neuralgia is one suggestion or it could just be a weird kind of headache couldn’t it so I’ll let a professional have a look at it. 

Other than that all is good in my world, this week’s workshops and joining one for myself has really helped me shift my mindset, my life ain’t so bad and on days it is, I can find things to do to distract me from emotional eating. 

We had a very, great day yesterday, mom was lovely, we enjoyed each other’s company, watched rubbish tv and laughed like we used to always do. She handed me 2 (yes 2) packets of Aldi fries to open for her, one of each flavour she likes so she could try them, as I did I took one out of the packet to eat and she said “err!” It was so funny, she was as good as telling me to take my hands off her crisps but you had to be there, for me it was my mom, the mom I’ve had so many laughs with over the last 49 years, she was back and we were having a laugh. She pulled a face at me for something and I said “you look like me dad” quick as you like she came back with “which one?”  Again we laughed as there’s a tale there about who he might be if you don’t know it, I’ll tell you some time but luckily I’m not sensitive about it and I don’t really care if the man that gathered my siblings didn’t father me 😝

We watched gogglebox and I did laugh at these two girls talking about being hungry after watching a snow leopard diving off a cliff for food. 


We giggled as she tried to put her cardigan on, this was when I knew old mom was back at least for today because she would’ve lost her temper about that these days. Vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s has a lot to answer for, it’s not just memory loss that’s for sure. 


I’m sure #MyMay is helping because I am considering myself and not putting myself on the back burner, I feel better which in turn gives me more patience. I’m thinking about what I can do that would make a difference to my day, yesterday it was giving myself permission to go to Lidl’s straight from work instead of feeling I should go straight home because I’d been out for hours. My sister was there, half hour extra didn’t matter.  I also had an hour in the kitchen cooking, again reminding myself that it would be better for me to spend a few quality hours with mom later rather than sit there for longer frustrated that I can’t do things. 

This was one of the foods I picked up in Lidl's, it's only 2SP, probably only 1 if you take off the chicken breast, I've had it before, it's a great on the go kind of meal or something to take to work for lunch. 

I think it cost £1.79 



I cooked buffalo chicken kebabs, I wouldn’t have them again as they had a bit to much of a kick in them for my liking but I can cool them down to eat with some natural yogurt. 
I had them with a Sainsbury's flatbread, I actually had 2 flatbreads 3SP each.


I also made a curry, thought I was making the saag one but when I spilled out the jar it was dopiaza which tastes good too. 13SP for the jar, the chicken and cauliflower in there was zero. I’ll have that today. 


My breakfast earlier was a thin egg wrap with diced chicken, tomatoes and spring onions inside. Perfect zero meal.  Using these egg wraps instead of bread as the vessel for other things. Might make a few up and store in fridge. 


We watched Shallow Hal after being reminded about it being a good film, it still is but I did view it with different eyes this time I think so didn’t enjoy it as much. 

Yeah yesterday was definitely a very, great day.  Today’s going to be too, i can finish on track again and then I’ll have made it through the weekend and hopefully will see the reward on the scales Wednesday morning when I go to my workshop! 

We're home again now and I think Alfie has set the theme for the day, if only life could be paused on Sunday morning occasionally, wouldn't that be nice. 



Enjoy your Sunday, some of you get to enjoy the Bank Holiday tomorrow too. woo hoo! 




No comments: