Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 3 May 2019

#MyMay continues

Friday 3rd May 2019
Look down at your plate and ask 'is this going to make me feel good?'




I'm loving the idea of #MyMay and doing one thing each day for myself, I know it's only day 3 but I think it might become a regular thing and go past May.  Yesterdays thing was going to be make sure I ate 3 healthy meals, but I also sat and watched Grey's Anatomy on my own with a glass of wine and relaxed after mom went to bed at nine, so that was lovely.

The only negative of this week so far is my head still hurts, it's moved from my forehead to the back of my head and this morning it's a shooting pain, roughly every 30 seconds and it hurts to the touch - OUCH!  Painkillers have been keeping it at bay but they come with their own side effects down they.

Anyway I'm on track, I finished on 36 which included my Thursday night wine and crisps so I'm happy with that, this was what my meals looked like

My breakfast was a rush job after running late because of blog issues, but it did the job and I ate it whilst setting up at work.

I had these for lunch, Broghies and I turned them into food boats, I like them a lot, Diane picked them up for me from Iceland and you get 2 for 1SP, my seafood sticks were 2 for 1SP and I had 1SP of coleslaw added a bit of salad and they were great.  I also ate some salmon which I didn't take a pic of.


Now this was going to be my tea, I'd bought it Monday for £1 from Sainsbury's, I'd see a Fray Bentos pie in the food bank the week before so I had pie on my mind, but when I worked out this was 19SP, I realised I didn't really want it that much, I also think I like pie until I eat it and get heartburn, which is something I've just realised I've not had all week.
 Instead when I got home I used these 3 ingredients to make my tea,

The stewed steak is 5SP a can, I added mushrooms, an oxo and a bit of water to swill out the can.  The mash is 3SP per 100g, I had 6SP worth, so my tea cost me 9SP in total - bargain. 


I've got enough to have the same again today if I want and I've got chicken which I might make a curry out of.  I want more of those Broghies too, I like the crunch, its very satisfying. 

All this thought and preparation will hopefully be worth it Wednesday when I step on those scales,  Also honest tracking is helping too, I'm tracking the milk in my tea, the bits I eat that usually wouldn't be recorded, even honest about the quantity of wine I'm consuming! 

I'm without car again today so at least I'll get some extra steps in walking to my massage, all those FitPoints are there as a back up should I need them.  I'm going to find that recipe for risotto too, then order the ingredients to make it.  My me thing today is of course my massage but you know what, it doesn't have to be just 1 thing, so if I can think of other stuff to do, I sure as hell will because I don't think twice about doing nice things for other people. 

here's to making myself happier because happier people make healthier choices.  Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, join me in #MyMay



No comments: