Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Ready for my workshops

Tuesday 5th February 2019
Treat yourself like someone you love.




I woke before the alarm this morning but I hoped it was the middle of the night and I could stay there for a few more hours, it wasn't it was 4.45, but I am well and truly rested, ready to get back to my workshops, I did manage to do a few hours of work yesterday and a bit of housework but then spent the rest of my day with mom watching tele and chilling with my crochet.  Yeah I like doing chilling what can I say, everything can wait because it's good to have days like that, especially in the winter.  It was just what I need the last few days after a busy week and an area meeting, taking care of me.

Just like there isn't a perfect body or perfect life, there isn't a right way to do Self-Care, what does it mean to you, copying others isn't the answer, you don't want to end up overwhelmed trying to be like someone else.  I enjoy tidy people with truly lovely houses, but I know that's never going to be me and when I try to do it, I get awfully stressed about it, which kind of defeats the object.

Ask yourself what does your ideal day looks like, then compare it to your reality and look at what you can change to get closer to the ideal - we all know we can't have ideal days all the time!  My ideal day would also differ depending on the time of the year and my mood.

Make time for self care, treat it like part of your job, you have to go to work to earn money, you have to look after your children, well now you also have to take care of you!   Get a routine, block out times for self-care stuff, I know a lot of my members see their workshop as self-care and they wouldn't miss it for the world.  I don't miss my massage unless it's absolutely necessary and then I try to book an alternative.  Of course you have to be realistic with your time, you only have 24 hours a day and you're only one person, stop trying to be everything to everyone.   Maybe look at where you're wasting time on things that aren't that important, if you're one of those people who hoovers daily - seriously do you really need to?

Self care doesn't have to be complicated or difficult, it's as simple as having ten minutes to yourself reading a magazine, don't feel guilty, it's not a waste of time, it's something you should be doing regularly.

TIME!  Make time.  Remember you can't pour from an empty jug.  You can't take care of anyone if you don't take care of yourself.  There's a saying that everything is impossible until it is done.  So stop believing your don't have the time for your self care.

Think about the things you do every day because they are part of your routine, cook, clean, take care of the kids, go to work, shower, clean your teeth.  Those last two are part of your self care in case you hadn't realised.

Where are your time traps?  Where are you wasting valuable time. How long do you linger on Facebook and/or Instagram?  Do you spend a lot of time food shopping, could you do it online and save time?

Today, take a few minutes to think about your needs, occasionally putting yourself first means more than those few minutes, it shifts how you're feeling which has a knock on effect to the rest of your day.  I know I'll cope with the week ahead so much better now I'm rested.

Here's to making Tuesday tremendous.


Stay BeYOUtiful.


'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
 
   "" 




No comments: