Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 February 2019

Feel Alive Friday...

Friday 8th February 2019
Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile.

My wellness goal for February and beyond! To get some energy and to ease the aches and pains in my body.  I really am not going to even bother so much about the numbers, I obviously hope that by taking care of the goal the weight loss will be the side effect but I just want to wake up enthusiastic for the day ahead and with enough energy to handle it.  Don't get me wrong, I still plan to do plenty of sitting doing not much with my mom but all the other stuff I want to do easily.  

So where to start?  Well I've found an article in a mag I was given that talks about foods to fight fatigue, because caffeine isn't always the answer, it's a short term fix.  So instead it suggests to try loading our plate with delicious foods to ensure energy levels are topped up all day long.  Keeping our blood sugar levels on an even keel will also result in a better mood, helping us to breeze through the day in a more positive frame of mind.  That sounds good!  She reckons if we eat some of these foods we'll soon wave goodby to feelings of tiredness and irritability.  Let's see shall we. 

On her list are 
Avocado, oats, eggs, spinach, quinoa, legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans and peas), Brazil nuts, banana, turkey, tofu.  

So the foods highlighter in red are Zero Points on WW Freestyle so that's a good start.  I had been thinking about having oats for breakfast for a change, with natural yogurt which I actually like and maybe a banana or some tinned apple which I had from Sainsbury's, of course you can use fresh apples but I'm not great with fruit so one step at a time! 

Of course I already love my eggs and spinach so that's easy to include and turkey breast could replace the chicken sometimes, turkey is one of the leanest choices for the protein part of a meal in place of beef, pork or chicken.  Turkey is full of tryptophan which is an essential amino acid the building blocks of protein.  Tryptophan helps our body produce the neurotransmitter serotonin which is believed to help boost mood, helping us to feel happier and more energised.   Ooo Dave if you're reading this tell Stuart we need Mood boosting burgers made from turkey breast mince! 

Of course your diet doesn't have to only consist of these foods but including them won't do no harm if it don't do no good. 

The NHS suggests The energy 'diet' - The best way to eat to keep up your energy levels is to follow a healthy, balanced diet.

The Eatwell Guide shows the different types of food and drink we should consume – and in what proportions – to have a healthy, balanced diet. 
The main recommendations are to:
  • eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
  • base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates – choose wholegrain versions where possible
  • have some dairy, or dairy alternatives such as soya drinks – choose lower-fat and lower-sugar options
  • eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein – including 2 portions of fish every week, 1 of which should be oily
  • choose unsaturated oils and spreads, and eat them in small amounts
  • drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluid a day
There's lots of info on their website, but let's be honest again all this is possible on the WW Freestyle plan and on our website there are 7 day meal plans to give you a starting place. 
I know I'm always a bit blah at this time of year but I could try eating better to improve that blah.  I'm also a bit skint so instead of going to buy more food, I'm going to work my way through the freezer, lots of stuff in there and only buy essentials that I really need. I read a tip about avocados yesterday apparently they keep better in the fridge if the stone is left in!  I don't know if there's any truth in that but worth a try.
Oh I nearly forgot my delicious hash browns I had yesterday thanks to Stacey, this is how she made them; 
Hashbrowns 1SP each. Weighed out 6 sp of potatoes. Grated the potatoes, then squeeze out the excessive water from them. Finely chop an onion then mix it with the potato gratings. Mix 1 small egg and add to the potato and onions.  Portion out 6 portions same size. Then spray with fry light and oven cook.  
They were great and my breakfast was only 2SP

My lunch was 6SP, 5 for the mash, one for the WW Hollandaise sauce 


Then for my tea I had Harjit's curry and rice which she gave me Weds night, it was lush and about 10SP for the lot with the rice.  The woman makes everything taste great. So filling too. 
Oh and if you start googling food that give you energy, you can add the following to that list (everyone has an opinion on healthy eating remember, so read it all and take what works for you!) 
Salmon - brain food! Kale - keeps you alert! Brown rice, sweet potato, apples, WATER (essential for life!) yogurt, hummus (make your own and save loads of SP), edamame beans (I love these), oranges,  leafy greens.
Let's make today, Feel Alive Friday!  I'm game.  I've got grey peas soaking in a pan, they're cheap and I already have the bacon to use (processed I know, not the best but need must, I'm using it and I'm combining it with one of the things on the energy list above.  I'll get them cooking later today and they'll be great for filling up on over the weekend. 
I'm going to have oats and yogurt with fruit for breakfast then will check out the dates on things in the fridge before deciding on what I eat the rest of the day, but I will buy a bit of fruit from Co-op, maybe satsumas.  Ooo I'll hard boil some eggs too.  
Here's to not letting hormones, the day to day stresses of life and middle age repeat me!  
Here's to a very great day!
Stay BeYOUtiful.


'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
 
   "" 

No comments: