Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 September 2018

What a glorious morning


2nd September
The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

6.35am I’m out walking Alfie and enjoying the cool breeze of the morning, it’s going to be another lonely day made even better by having breakfast with my bestie in a few hours followed by a walk round Waitrose (my happy place!) although after the two ready meals from there I cooked yesterday, it proves not everything they sell tasted excellent. Mom had their calorie controlled love life range cottage pie, from memory it was 11SP, I tasted it and wasn’t impressed but she enjoyed it. I had their classic liver and bacon with mash, it was just okay, although Alfie ate almost all of it so i ended up having something else later and decided to go for a bit of so wrong but so right, in my book anyways. I had a packet of Maggi’s cheap noodles with curry flavour 9SP (there’s a cheaper brand that I prefer but didn’t have and batchelor’s super noodles aren’t super at all anymore, you can keep them!) I topped them with dry fried egg, ketchup and a slice of bread and spread, I truly enjoyed them. Plus ready in 5 minutes max, don’t get much more convenient than that. We’ve all got those random combinations we like to eat, that’s one of mine. Although I eat a lot of random stuff, I had sardines in tomato sauce in a lo-dough cooked on the George foreman for breakfast!







We’re probably going to have a cooked breakfast today or we might end up in maccies but then I won’t eat lunch and tea will depend on how my shopping trip goes. Gonna do a healthy shop and plan some meals. Use some of the salmon in the freezer, keep things simple in the kitchen this week I reckon.

I spent a good four hours yesterday doing a crochet square I’d been putting off because I knew it was gonna be a bitch to do, I had to pull back two rounds because I’d missed changing the colour on a bit. Anyway it’s done and I’ve seen in all the ends on all the squares, now I can start to put the squares together to make the biggest blanket I’ve made yet and if I do say so myself I think it will look great. See this proves you gotta do the yak stuff to get the good stuff. Life ain’t all sunshine and roses, you’ve got to have the rain. Eat the frog, do that thing you’ve been putting off, it might not be as bad as you expected, like my crochet square it could be worse which is why there’s only going to be one of them in the blanket not two because sometimes we also need to know when to save enough’s enough and decides what’s worth doing and what isn’t.

It’s like weight loss, I no longer think about the scales so much as focusing on healthy choices, doing what I can to take care of my wellbeing as best as I can.

I know I need to drink plenty of water to hydrate my body but I also know I want to drink red wine because I enjoy it. What I need to remind myself is not to drink too much of it as that will have an adverse effect on my health and no amount of water can rectify that.

So what have you been putting off, it all adds to our stress, to that overwhelming feeling of not being able to cope. I’ve eaten the frog twice this week the other time was sorting my clothes and now I have tidy closets and it feels great. I’m going to work through the list of crap I don’t wanna do but needs doing one thing at a time and with each tick, I know I’ll feel a little bit better, organised and in control. I’m also going to make sure I have a list of stuff I do want to do that will make me happy to balance it out starting with breakfast and a long awaited catch up with my bestie!

No comments: