Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Full of beans!

5th September 2018
The only thing that defines us is what’s inside of our hearts.



3 years ago today (which was a Saturday) I opened my meeting at Old Fallings, 3 years on, it’s still going strong and I love my job as much today as I did then and yesterday was another cracking day in my WW meetings.  One of my members bought in a batch of home-made baked beans, now I’m not going to lie, this recipe has been doing the rounds for a long time and I’m late to the party.  Mostly because I once made home-made baked beans using a recipe back in 2011 according to my document file on my computer (I’ve just looked) and they were a lot of faff and tasted nothing like baked beans, these however did, they were so good I had them for my tea last night.  Here’s your recipe if like me, you haven’t had a go at them yet. 


WW Zero baked beans
1 can haricot beans not drained
Passata to cover beans
1 sachet of Weightwatchers BBQ sauce (available in meetings)
Salt and pepper and sweetener

Put 1 tin of haricot beans, not drained into saucepan
Cover the beans with passata
Add the sachet of BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and sweetener to taste
Bring to the boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally for 20/30 mins until thickened and the beans have softened.

Delicious!

If you’d like to see a demo check out my pal’s facebook video and group https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156135051033571&id=582673570

Now another recipe I’m yet to try is the Fluff stuff, my mate reckons it’s saved her life ;)

Fluff

Sugar free jelly, dissolve in ½ pint boiling water, then add 500g of 0% natural yogurt when cool and whisk through, leave to set in fridge.

There seems to be variations of the recipe

Tina makes hers with a pint of jelly using 2 sachets of sugar free crystals, allow to cool (not set) whisk in 300g of 0% fat free yogurt let it stand for 20 mins then whisk again, pour into containers and refrigerate.  She makes hers in a blender. The double whisk makes it like mousse (angel delight type)

Vicky – who’s life its changed does hers like this!  “I use 2 jelly sachets to 1pt of water. This makes it firmer. 1/2 pint of hot water dissolve crystals then 1/2 pint of cold. Leave on the side to cool then add 500g (1 pot) 0% yogurt whisk through (I then put in a blender/juicer to get the air in it so you will have a bubbly top which is optional)”
 

If you have a recipes like this that need to be tried, let me know.  I want a good hummous one, that tastes as good as shop bought or as near as.

I tried ‘low carb’ pasta yesterday – don’t bother, yak is the only word I will use to describe what spoilt what would’ve been a delicious meal with good old fashioned pasta.  Sometimes you have to use the real mccoy, it’s just not worth the saving.

Anyway, I’m running behind this morning so I best get a wriggle on. Plus I’m hungry and want my breakfast. Having said that my breakfast yesterday was epic, I had proper seeded bread, 2 slices only 4SP = bargain and delicious. 

I had these sausages, 3SP for 2 with egg and mushrooms, so good. 

Here’s to making Wednesday a very great day, looking for the smile moments and focussing on creating those healthy habits for life.

No comments: