Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 November 2015

We've only been touched up!



Wednesday 4th November 2015
Stop beating yourself up!  You are a work in progress which means you get there a little at a time, NOT all at once!

Oh my before we even get to talking food, check this out, Rob who took our photos, has tweaked one to show how easy it is to make you look like a different version of yourself!



Now I'm not going to lie, when we had the shots taken on Monday and I first saw the photos, the first thing I noticed was the darkness under my eyes, but seeing these two side by side, it's made me realise, I'm okay with that darkness, I'm also okay with those two lines between my eyebrows, to me they show I concentrate a lot, that crease at the side of my mouth, that's because I smile a lot.   Oh and that scar he's removed from my neck is from a moment in my life where a surgeon successfully removed a huge cyst and didn't slip which could have resulted in very nasty consequences for with I'm forever grateful, it's also a moment in my life when I was shown a great deal of love from those around me, my bestie bought me food and made my bed for me ;) she drove 60 miles to do that, my mom of course looked after me throughout as she always has.

Well if I'd been considering Botox before, I sure as hell would have changed my mind after seeing that photo, I don't like that smooth, plastic look at all, give me wrinkles any day of the week.

And my mom's face, well, it's just perfect, it doesn't need any tweaking at all, she actually said when we were there on Monday, "all those lines on my face are there because I've laughed a lot throughout my life", Yep I'll take the lines over the smooth any day, means we've lived, laughed and loved!

If you follow this link you can flick between the two images, it's amusing!
Don't look at those images in the media and think, "I wished I looked like she does, because trust me - even she doesn't really look like the image you're looking at, it's been tweaked, touched up and changed much more than the image above. 

Go look in the mirror and really see yourself, you're BeYOUtiful you know, even if you don't see it. xx

Let's finish on food, because that's one of the reasons I smile a lot ;) one of my members bought me a delicious bowl of soup last night which I had for my tea, she'd tweaked a recipe from the internet so I've renamed it and I shall be making my own today, it was seriously delicious, just the right thickness too.  I'll throw it all in the soup maker and let you know if you can tell any difference.

Gina's Scrummy Squash Soup

30g low fat spread
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
600-700ml vegetable stock
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.

Melt the low fat spread in a large pot and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and squash for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.  Pour in enough of the stock to cover vegetables.  Bring to the boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer 40 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.

Transfer the soup to a liquidiser and blend until smooth.  Return to pot and mix in any remaining stock to reach the desired consistency.  Season with salt and pepper.  (if you want it thinner, add a little more stock) mmmm

Right I'm off, let's have an awesome day BeYOUtiful and if that doesn't work try again tomorrow.

No comments: