Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Happy to be busy.



10th November 2015
Everything has changed and yet, I am more me than I've ever been.  Iain Thomas
Good morning, can someone please tell me why yesterday seemed to only have 4 hours in it!  I didn't seem to stop at all and before I knew it, it was bedtime, thankfully I managed to get most things done.  I spent ages sorting moms prescription, my own fault as I'd let her run out of one of her tablets and you have to give 24 hours usually, this meant 2 trips to the doctors, a ten minute wait, then a half hour wait in the chemist.  We also had an appointment at the hospital at 7pm, so it was eight before we got home, we were both ready for bed by then really.

I did enjoy my shopping trip though, I had a £9 off coupon for Sainsbury's if I spent £60 so that's not difficult is it, and I used the £9 to buy sanitary towels which were reduced to put in the Helping Handbags, which I'm thrilled to say already has 35 people going to my Facebook event which means I'll have at least that many bags to hand over to the organisers https://www.facebook.com/events/486687878166674/ and I know a lot of you have shared the post so that others can pass stuff on. I then nipped to Home Bargains and B&M's to pick up some nicer things for the bag, lots of toiletries, socks, hat, gloves, that kind of thing.   I've managed to put together 3 on from mom which she insisted was finished off with a packet of chocolate biscuits, I opted for a selection pack for my bag, after all you're never too old for a bit of Christmas and there's nothing says it more than a selection box!  It was great buying a Christmas pressie for someone you know will like it, unlike when you buy one for someone you actually do know and you stress about whether they'll like it or not!

All this keeping busy meant I stayed on track yesterday because food was the last thing on my mind, I enjoyed a few slices of pizza at lunch, can't remember the last time I had pizza, but as I'd only grabbed a banana for breakfast and I only had a bowl of soup for tea, it was all good, nom nom, love pizza!

I am getting into the soup though, I'm enjoying it more the more I have it, it has to be the right consistency though, my fav is still the butternut squash I think, although I do like leek and potato soup, so will make some of that today I think

Ooo just found curried butternut squash recipe whilst looking for leek and potato!  Might need to try this.

Curried butternut squash soup


800g Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 2.5cm cubes
2medium Onion(s), quartered
2cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), made with 2 pints of hot water
1 12teaspoons Curry Powder
1sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh, leaves picked and chopped
1pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper to season

Preheat oven to 220°C/gas 4. Place squash and onions in a large roasting pan and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Transfer to a saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Let cool for 15 minutes then purée in batches in blender or food processor.
Over a low heat, toast the curry powder in a small frying pan until fragrant, about 2 minutes – be careful not to burn it, then stir into the puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with the rosemary and serve immediately.

Or here's another

Cream of Leek and Potato Soup with Shredded Chicken


Serves: 4, 3pp each

5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray   
  2 medium Leek, sliced finely   
  200 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cubed   
  1 medium Onion(s), chopped finely   
1/4 teaspoons (level) Rosemary, Dried   
1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), (make 1 pint)   
  300 ml Skimmed Milk   
  175 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw   
1 pinch Salt   
1 teaspoons Black pepper   
  2 teaspoons Chives, Fresh, snipped   

Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and gently saute the leeks, potatoes and onion for 10 minutes or until softened.  Add the herbs, stock or water and chicken breast. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove the chicken and wrap it in foil. Transfer the soup to a liquidiser or food processor and blend for about 20 seconds, or until smooth. Return to the saucepan, stir in the milk and gently heat through, until piping hot. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
Finely shred the chicken and divide between four warm soup bowls. Ladle the soup over the chicken and sprinkle with the chives.

Right I need to get on, as I've got a meeting to get to, but first I have a mom asking for a cuppa and her brekkie!  Spoilt or what ;)

Have a tremendous Tuesday BeYOUtiful, appreciate the life you have and take care of yourself so you can continue to enjoy it. xx

No comments: