Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 25 November 2015

My PC needed a reboot, think I do too!



25th November 2015
“You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ~Steve Maraboli

I cried in my meeting last night, happy tears, just love it when a member has that 'moment', that turnaround that has absolutely nothing to do with the numbers.  I know it sounds twee and George Benson sang it first but "learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all".  Once we've done that, everything else is so much easier, you don't take care of something you don't love, so eating healthily just isn't a priority.  You can be healthy at any weight, I know many seriously fit size 16 woman who can run 5 mile a day, I also know quite a few size 8 ladies who can't walk up a flight of stairs without gasping for breath.  Yeah healthy bodies come in all different shapes and sizes and they are usually topped off with a healthy mind.

Be nice to yourself today, make a little time for yourself, be kind, be gentle, focus on the positives, it makes for a much nicer day I promise.

And talking about positives, I was overwhelmed with appreciation yesterday as I loaded my car full of Helping Handbags for the homeless women out there, over 100 handbags all packed with sanitary and hygiene products were piled into my car (that was a mini workout carrying them down from my bedroom) and delivered to the co-ordinator.  We both agreed that my members weren't bothered about them being delivered over Christmas, we want them out there making a difference now, so they'll be getting distributed this week to hostels and homeless people and making a difference and that's all thanks to my amazing members and their generosity.   Then last night when I arrived at my meeting, a lady had seen our event on Facebook and collected 3 bin bags of filled handbags from her colleagues, so good!  I know there's more to come in and it's just wonderful, makes me feel truly humble and blessed to live in a world full of people who do care.

So my pc just froze, locked me out and I had to reboot, so the next bit I'm about to type I've already typed once ;-!   

I haven't mentioned soup for at least a day and yesterday I got to try two types, the first being this recipe;

Thai Butternut squash soup
Serves 6, 1pp

Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 onion, roughly chopped
5cm fresh root ginger, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced.
1 lemongrass stalk, sliced
900g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped roughly.
900ml gluten free vegetable stock
200ml light coconut milk
Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to garnish.

Spray a large lidded saucepan with the cooking spray and cook onions for 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, place the ginger, garlic, chilli and lemongrass in a small food processor and whizz until finely chopped (or use a hand-held blender).  Add to the saucepan and cook for 1 minute, stirring.

Add the butternut squash plus 5 tablespoons of the stock, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.

Pour the rest of the stock and the coconut milk into the pan and season.  Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until the squash is soft.

Blend the soup with the lime zest and juice until smooth.  Serve garnished with coriander.

She only used 1/2 chilli on the one she made for us to try and that was warm enough for me, but it was lush.  As was the tomato soup with basil my other member bought in, I didn't get enough of that, could've eaten it for my lunch.  She's one of those 'no recipe' kind of girls and upon pushing her, she said, I just put a tin of tomatoes, some fresh tomatoes, water, stock cube, garlic and basil in.  Mmm, I'm betting I could try but it won't taste the same!

Anyways, time to get on with my day, I've been and got the packaging off the food from the kitchen that I intend to have to dinner and I'm going to sit here and work out the points before starting on my paperwork.  Planning my meals ain't I! BOOM!

Taking care of me because I matter too!  Are you?  You know you're worth it BeYOUtiful!

I'm gonna get me a mug of tea too ;)

No comments: