Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 April 2015

Yay, It's Friday!



10th April 2015
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing every day. Winnie the Pooh

Good morning Stupid O'clock, how are you today!  Yep I got up really, really early today but I don't feel tired and it means I can get plenty done so that's a good think because I'm off out, we're off to have a few hours of stupid fun in Ironbridge and I'm really looking forward to it.

Loved my meetings this week and I've come away thinking, ooo I must buy that, and ah that sounds like a good idea, can't wait to do my shopping this week, let's be honest I can't wait to get myself in a supermarket at the best of times but this week, I have new things to look for and old things I'd forgotten about.

My plan is to get back to online shopping but I've realised I still have some coupons to use in Sainsbury's and I'd be silly not to £8 off £40 shopping, it's got to be done!  ;)

I'm planning to focus mainly on Filling & Healthy foods, even if I do some ProPoint days.  I've been having porridge with raspberries this week for breakfast, I'm actually enjoying them and it's keeping me satisfied till lunchtime, I need to get some more mangos, they're delicious right now, had one with my lunch yesterday which was chucky eggs and bread then for tea I made an egg fried rice, really enjoyed all of it.  I've got a lot of eggs to eat what can I say!

On my shopping list this week are peppers in a jar, they're really useful to have in the cupboard, I want some frozen ones too but my freezer has too much stuff in at the moment so they'll have to wait till it's gone down a bit.  I want some quark too, a member told me last night about putting a bit of sweetener granules in and vanilla essence, I thought wouldn't it make a delicious posh pudding with a spoonful of bailey's or any spirit in really, you could put it on those sponge fingers and make a kind of tiramisu, we can call it a thinamisu!  Mmm, that is one of my favourite desserts, tiramisu, I like those little pots you can buy of the readymade ones.

I knew I should've been making notes in the meetings, I can't remember all those good ideas they were coming up with!  They'll come back to me, and I'll write em down as they do ;)

Oh yeah, I remember (I don't really, my helper has written it on a note for me!) I bought a tin of creamed mushrooms (3pp in half or 7pp in the whole tin) someone suggested I mix it with microwave brown rice for an instant risotto style dish, I liked that idea a lot!  I'd planned to just have the creamed mushrooms as a toast topping or a jacket spud filling, now I have more choices.

My lovely member Terri shared a recipe with us all yesterday,

French onion soup - Weight Watcher style.
Slice a pound of onions thinly, simmer in two stock pots, with as much or little garlic as you like and about a pint or pint and half water for approx 25 min till onions ready to melt, makes approx 4 portions for 2pp of stock pots. enjoy xxx

To make extra special toast a slice of Weight Watcher bread (1pp) with grated Weight Watcher cheese (20g = 1pp) and float on top for extra 2 ProPoints of course

I've just had a search on my pc for soups and found lots, some from the old system that need ProPointing, here's one that is nice.

AnnMarie made it, looks like this;

 

Butternut Squash, Red Pepper and Soft Cheese Soup

3pp total, enough to serve 4, 1pp per serving.

5 spray low-fat cooking spray
1 large onion(s), chopped
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
1 medium red green or yellow pepper(s), deseeded and chopped
2 veg stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres (2 pints) hot water
100 g low-fat soft cheese (3pp)
1 pinch salt  & 1/4 teaspoon pepper, Freshly ground

Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion and cook gently for about 3 minutes, until softened, but not browned.  Add the butternut squash, red pepper and vegetable stock. Heat until simmering, then cook gently for about 25 minutes, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender.
Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor & add soft cheese. Blend for about 15 - 20 seconds, until smooth. Return to saucepan, reheat & season to taste


Okay I'm off, need to get my paperwork done, have a bath, do a few errands then I'm free to play out for a few hours. Woo Hoo!

Enjoy your Friday BeYOUtiful, it's nearly the weekend.

No comments: