Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 April 2015

Let's make today delicious!



30th April 2015
What is achievable in your life is based on the beliefs you give yourself.


What is it with waking up on a Thursday just before 4am!  Hey ho, it's now half four and I've had my first mug of tea, it's a calmer start to the day than yesterday, at least I have milk now!
I had delicious Indian inspired turkey burgers for lunch yesterday, just mixed all the spices together than mixed them in with the burgers, so simple, you could easily enjoy them as meatballs as part of a meal with spaghetti, or on a bed of rice or in a pitta bread or on a bap, between a thin, or just have them on a huge salad - your choice!  I had mine on thins, use turkey breast mince for F&H, here's the recipe;

Indian inspired turkey burgers, koftes or balls! Oops :)
Turkey mince 450g (17pp total)
2cm piece of root ginger (I used 3 cubes of frozen)
1 or 2 garlic glove crushed (or 1or 2 cubes of frozen)
1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
Salt & freshly ground pepper
Low calorie cooking spray

Mix meat in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, cinnamon, curry powder and turmeric. Season and blend until quite smooth. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls (4pp for 3 balls), on skewers as koftes (makes 5 at 3pp each) or make 4 larger burger (4pp) shapes.

Spray a non stick frying pan and cook over a medium heat for approx 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through, longer for burgers, turn halfway of course!

The turkey mince cost me £1.79 from Aldi and they also sell these thins were 79p and they're 2pp each or 2 for 5pp, so two burgers on Aldi thins cost me 13pp and approx £1.50 even taking into consideration all the spices I'd already got in the house.  Delicious they were, I'd definitely give them another go.

If you have any 'cheap' meal ideas or recipes, inbox them to me at info@happyowls.co.uk so I can share them with others.  Here are a couple of links to word documents that I have done in the past with cheap eats on them; 

http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/CheapEatsProPointsbooklet.docx

http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/CheapEats2ProPointsbooklet.docx
I might have a look through them myself I haven't in a while! 

Right I'm off as I have a super busy day, oh and if you enjoyed the idea of that chicken saag dish I blogged the other day, you may like some of these too;

http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/Indiancookerybooklet.docx
Have a delicious day BeYOUtiful. xx



No comments: