Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 1 July 2012

Sun is shining & I fancy something sweet...

1st July 2012

One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody, everything, every night before you go to bed. Bernard M. Baruch

Half way through the year already, which has just made me smile because I’ve realised it’s taken me this long to get on track lol!  I’m there now though, as today will be day 7, when (not if) I make it to the end of today, I’ll have done an entire week of Filling and Healthy, then tomorrow the scales can tell me if its worked.  I haven’t changed anything else, I’ve still drank my wine and walked/run about the same, actually less with the running so far, but I may go today.

Had a scrumptious chicken dinner yesterday with lots of vegetables, made roast potato wedges with Vivaldi potatoes (I think the spud makes a difference as some don’t cook well at all these days) I cut 2 larges spuds in 4, microwaved them for 5 minutes then sprayed them with my WW oil spray and cooked in the oven with the rest of my vegetables, so the only thing I had to ProPoint was the gravy.  For my breakfast I’d had a Weight Watcher pitta stuffed with mushrooms that I’d stir fried in garlic and a spoonful of quark - that was quite nice too.  I didn’t bother with lunch as my brekkie kept me going, so I just grabbed a couple of slices of ham from the fridge.

It looks glorious outside this morning, will take Alfie for a good long walk in a bit, hopefully he’ll be in the mood for more than a whizz round the park, then I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with the rest of my day, I shall take it as it comes.

There’s a lovely looking paella recipe in last weeks Your Week, I may try something similar but without the prawns as I’ve got an allergy, I will use wholemeal rice too so that its F&H.  And I’ve just found an Indian lentil casserole in a Your Week from earlier in the year (week12 – numbers on bottom left corner of cover), that shall be being cut out and added to my Recipe Folder for sure.

Pineapple and quark makes a nice breakfast, I’ve had that a few times this week, and I’ve just seen a suggestion of how to turn it into a dessert,

Pineapple cheesecake pot

Serves 1, 5 minutes prep, 4pp per portion
Drain 1 x 230g pineapple chunks in juice and spoon into a glass
Place 75g quark in a bowl.
Beat in 1tsp icing sugar.  Stir in a pinch of ground ginger and spoon over the pineapple. Crush 2 Weight Watcher ginger & lemon cookies and spring over the top to serve.

It’d only be 3pp on a filling and healthy day because the quark doesn’t need to be counted. It looks delicious and counts as one of your five a day.

Or how about a raspberry tiramisu for 2pp serving (1pp on F&H day = bargain)

Serves 4, takes 25 minutes to prepare and chill
4tsp instant coffee granules
8 trifle sponges
400g frozen raspberries, defrosted
300g 0% fat Greek yogurt
4 tsp Weight Watchers instant hot chocolate drink (they have this in Home Bargains at the moment for a £1 a box)

1.    Dissolve the instant coffee granules in 200ml boiling water and pour into a wide, shallow bowl.  Leave to cool.
2.    Snap the trifle sponge fingers into thirds.  Dip half the sponge finger piece in the coffee, then lay in the bottom of 4 small dishes.  Divide 200g raspberries and 150g Greek yogurt between the dishes.  Sift ½ tsp WW Instant Hot Chocolate Drink onto each dish to cover the yogurt.
3.    Dip the remaining sponge fingers in the coffee and divide them between the dishes.  Pour any remaining coffee over the fingers.  Divide 200g more raspberries and 150g more Greek yogurt between the tiramisus.  Sift ½ tsp more WW hot choc drink over each and chill overnight before serving.


Right now I’ve made you drool, I’m off to walk the dog ;-)

Smile – It’s Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pudding recipes look delicious - will try those some time. I can recommend the Mexican Beef pan-fry recipe from Enjoy your Food booklet - my husband wants to know when I will cook it again!!

Phyl