Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Isn't it a lovely day!

4th July 2012

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when youd have preferred to talk. Doug Larson
Bottom! I indulged in 10pp of Thorntons last night, so I’m now half way through my weeklies and it’s only Wednesday, last week I hadn’t touched them by Thursday – hey ho, they was delicious, I can’t remember the last time I ate chocolate so I ate them slowly, kind of wished I opted for an entire box of Weight Watcher toffee bars instead though for the same ProPoints rather than 4 Thorntons!  I will have a box of WW bars at the ready for next time I get tempted that’s for sure. Actually I might spend a tenner and get myself one of those £3 vouchers, I need garlic bags, cappuccinos too, ooo I could make it £20 and get the £7.50 voucher, yeah I’ll treat my sister to the new cook book.  Sorted ;)

I had my chicken and bacon casserole (recipe here http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/heres-to-week-of-f.html) yesterday for my tea and I have enough left over for today, it was scrumptious I have to say, today I’m thinking of making these tuna and sweetcorn rosti cakes, they sound easy to make and they are cheap which is a bonus as I had 3 weeks money this month to last me the month because my holiday pay didn’t get paid, so I needs cheap or it’s the credit card till payday!
Tuna and sweetcorn rosti cake
Zero on F&H (as long as the oil is from yr daily allowance) or 8pp per serving, takes 30 minutes, serves 4.

750g floury or waxy potatoes, unpeeled and left whole (16pp)
Low fat cooking spray
1 large onion, sliced thinly
150g frozen sweetcorn (5pp)
2 x 200g cans of tuna in spring water, drained (6pp)
1 tbsp sunflower oil (4pp)
Salt & pepper

Bring a lidded pan of water to the boil and the potatoes. Cover and cook for 12 minutes. Drain then cover with cold water and cool for 2 minutes.  Drain again and when cool enough to handle scrape off the skins using a table knife. Coarsely grate the potatoes into a bowl.  Meanwhile, spray a lidded, non stick frying pan with the cooking spray and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until starting to colour. Add 6 tablespoons of water to the pan. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until the onions are softened and the liquid has evaporated.  Place the sweetcorn in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to defrost for 2 minutes then drain.  Using a couple of forks, mix the onion, sweetcorn and tuna into the grated potato. Heat half the oil in a non stick frying pan then add the rosti mixture to make one large rosti, pressing down firmly. Cook for 7 minutes over a medium heat.  Slide the rosti on to a plate. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan. Upturn the plate over the frying pan to cook the other side of the rosti for a further 7 minutes. Cut into four wedges and serve.
 
The one thing I hear most often is, “I don’t know what to eat, I’m stuck in a rut”, so there’s a quick suggestion above, you could swap the tuna for salmon if you want, its on offer in Sainsbury’s I think.

Well I thought a crumpet was a crumpet but apparently not, I’ve been having poached eggs on crumpets for a couple of weeks now and they’ve all been similar, but yesterday I had Warburtons (3pp each or 2 for 5pp) and instead of being thin and rubbery, the were thick and fluffy and much nicer, I will definitely only buy these ones in future.

Today I’m going to ignore the weather and smile like its sun shining; we can do anything about it so we may as well embrace it!  I’m hoping Alfie fancies a good walk this morning because he didn’t yesterday, and I fancy a good dose of fresh air this morning plus I want an hour listening to my book, yep I caved I’m on the 3rd shades of grey book, they may not be the best written books, they may be mills & boon with some nookey thrown in but I quite want to know how it all turns out cos I’m a bit of an old romantic if I’m honest.

Right that’s it I’m off for my walk, have a wonderful day, see a grey day as silver ;-)




No comments: