Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Another one gone - nine to go!

3rd July 2012

The best gifts come from the heart, not the store. Sarah Dessen
Well Filling & Healthy works, I lost a pound, considering I ate all my weeklies and activity ProPoints and went over by about 20pp over the week, I’d say a loss of a pound was pretty good because I ate well all week, and when I was hungry I had a snack.  Now one thing I’d like to point out which I picked up on yesterday in my meeting is the size of my meals, I have had large meals but I have also stopped eating when I’m full, satisfied not stuffed.  I have an healthy appetite but I don’t overeat, it’s important to realise we all have different cut off points, mom ate the same meal as me Sunday teatime and she was stuffed, I could’ve ate more!  Therefore if you’re trying Filling and Healthy it’s important to be guided by your own appetite because that’s what makes it work. 
Let’s not forget I’m quite active even without the running (which I don’t do as much as I’d like to – haven’t been since last Monday and only did 5k), yesterday I did 17,000 steps on my pedometer which was roughly 7 miles and that’s my quiet day when I only do one meeting, it earned me 5pp, some days I earn double that, plus I empty and load my car full of stock boxes every day.  All this makes a difference to the calories my body burns hence the big meals and one pound weight loss.
Let’s just hope I can do it again this week!  It’ll be interesting if I manage to follow it for a month how my hormones in my monthly cycle affect the different week, because I got out of bed yesterday feeling “RAARRR” for no reason at all which I do at least one day a month lately so it will be good to see if my appetite and hormones can work together to produce a weight loss 4 weeks on the trot!

I had scrambled eggs on crumpets for my breakfast yesterday, they’re becoming a staple in my house, I’m steering clear of bread though not sure if ones better than the other but I enjoy them. 
I spent half hour yesterday afternoon F&H proofing my kitchen ;-) I’ve sorted through what is F&H and put it on one shelf in my pantry and also checked my freezer, then I looked through my recipes and found 3 or 4 I’d like to cook this week, wrote my list and trotted off to Sainsbury’s.  I ended up spending more than I’d planned because their fish was reduced so I bought some to freeze, I’m into fish at the moment and realised I can live without lamb after my cooking of a leg of it on Friday, especially as it isn’t F&H.

For lunch I had a tiny salad, with leaves and a slice of chicken breast which meant I snacked later on a pitta bread and cottage cheese (won’t be buying anymore pitta breads).  My tea was delicious though, turkey fricassee (it was going to be chicken but that smelt funny when it had defrosted so the local strays got it instead).
Here’s the recipe, it got the thumbs up from Katie and mom, and they both finished their plates anyway.

Chicken fricassee
Serves 2, 9pp each or 1pp from weeklies on F&H

100g brown rice (10pp)
Low fat cooking spray
2 x 125g skinless boneless chicken breasts (6pp)
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes) (1pp)
110g carrots peeled and cut into thick chunks
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese (2pp)

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions.  Drain well and leave to cool.  Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot.  Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.  Add the stock and carrots.  Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.  Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray.  Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated.  Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot.  Divide between two plates.  Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock.  Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice.  Keep warm.  Return the pan with the stock to the hob.  Boil quickly for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat.  Stir in the soft cheese.  Pour the sauce over the chicken. 

Mmm I hadn’t cooked this in such a long time, that’s why I love cutting out and keeping good recipes I find because I can always go back to them time and time again.  I think it’s time to go back and try some more of them.

Right I’m off for a walk in the rain again!  Have a fabulous day!

No comments: