Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 July 2012

Bothered - Hell Yeah!

6th July 2012
Don't let your teammates down in any situation.  Larry Bird

Hilarious, we get one dry day yesterday and today I wake up to see this notice “The Met Office have issued an Amber Warning for severe weather in the West Midlands on Friday 6 July. The warning level indicates that businesses and residents should be prepared for very heavy rain and surface water flooding.

Apparently we’re going to get a month of rain in a day! Shame it won’t wash away a month of weight gain in a day ain’t it ;-)

It’s my moms birthday today and I plan to wait on her hand and foot, I’m going to give her my full attention once I’ve finished all my paperwork and stay off facebook and turn my phone to silent, yep we’re going to have a quiet day.

One of my members was disappointed last night when she gained 1/2lb and I loved what she said later when we were discussing it, “If I didn’t sulk it would mean I wasn’t bothered!” Isn’t that the truth, and I know from our chat that she will lose weight next week and it was just a blip, mother natures fault.  She’s right though isn’t she if we weren’t bothered we wouldn’t be so obsessed with it all, that comment helped me yesterday realise it is worth the effort.  Another comment from a member last night when I was saying I only had enough weekly & activity ProPoints left for 1 bottle of wine this week helped me make the decision not to buy any wine so I can’t drink it, that way I will get on the scales Monday knowing I’ve stayed on track!  It’ll be worth it because like my member said, it wouldn’t bother me if I didn’t care.

I have decided to go back to ProPointing though because I’m starting to crave foods that aren’t on the Filling and Healthy list, I want tinned stewed steak and onions, potatoes and peas, I want some cheese back in my life, chorizo oooo, see these foods aren’t highlighted in green and I need them in my life right now, so if I ProPoint I can include them, I will still add plenty of F&H foods I will just watch the portion sizes and ProPoint it all. 

I’m going to plan my week of meals to include all the foods I’ve been fancying, and I’m going to stay on track this weekend because I am bothered.  So thank you to my members for helping to motivate me too – you can’t be a Weight Watcher meeting for motivation, I love my members.

Today’s lunch is steak (9pp) and home made 300g chunky chips (6pp), with mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and green beans, so that’s 15pp spent, take out my milk for 2pp, that leaves me 9pp for breakfast and tea.  I’ll probably have a salad for tea or I might make some soup to balance out my allowance.  I need to go look for ideas in the kitchen later, get the recipe books out.

As the weathers going to be rubbish, it isn’t like I’m going to want to go anywhere in it!  So I’m going to be productive this weekend, do the ironing (boo!) and plan my meals, a domestic goddess ;-)

I really do need to write a shopping list, again I forgot tinned pineapple and spinach, that’s 2 weeks on the trot now, this being middle aged lark really plays hell with the memory!  Hey Ho, can’t stop time but I can be slim and clueless if I stick to the plan lol.

Oh I can’t concentrate of blogging, I’m thinking food, just been and got the tin of Princes stewed steak to check the ProPoints and I’m delighted its only 11pp for the can, I’ll bulk it out with onions and maybe mushrooms add a couple of oxo cubes, then serve it with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, mmm nom nom nom.  That’s tomorrows dinner sorted then. 

I also found a jar of Moroccan Tagine Sauce – Apricot and coriander in there which is 12pp, I’m thinking add 2 diced chicken breasts (8pp) and serve with couscous, that’s another nice meal sorted, think it would split to 3 or 4, we’ll see.

Ooo how can anyone not like planning their meals, it’s like getting to eat them twice, one in your imagination and once for real – I love it.  But first to walk the dog in the rain and also to do the paperwork, plus yet another trip to the vets with a scratchy dog!

Enjoy your day, you can’t change the rain so go play in the puddles. x


No comments: