Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 July 2012

Shiny worktops to cook more food on ;)

16th July 2012

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in; their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.  Elisabeth Kabler-Ross
Check out the cheeky cat mocking me in my garden!

I have a tidy kitchen and my work surfaces are black marble ;-) yes I had a spurt of energy yesterday and give it a thorough clean, I am a untidycow.com I have to admit, one room at a time though I reckon will suffice, last week it was my office this week the kitchen.  Mom bless her is really in pain so can’t do anything; it’s made me realise what she actually does do even more so than I already do.  She saves me so much time just with stuff like washing the dishes, doing the laundry, sorting the bins & the recycling and of course tidying up (although neither of us are any good at that bit!)

I wished I’d worn my pedometer yesterday now because not only was I being a domestic goddess cleaning and cooking a nice roast beef dinner for 9pp but I also walked Alfie twice, an hour in the morning and another on the afternoon.  Check me out!
I’ve already got my breakfast planned this morning, 30g porridge, soya yogurt and pineapple, mmm really wakes the tastebuds up, then I have another roast beef dinner already made (did an extra one yesterday) just got to decide on the other meal, need to check cupboards and fridge and look at the meals I’d planned last weekend, but I’m thinking fish, maybe some salmon because of the oils, yeah mom will eat that too, with rice and veggies.  Ooo that didn’t take long did it to plan the day’s meals.

So if I’m going to be walking Alfie twice a day every day because mom can’t that means I’ll be more active which is a bonus, I haven’t been running for about 3 weeks and I’ve noticed my back has improved so maybe running isn’t the best form of exercise for me, I’m also sure that 7 extra hours walking is better than a couple of 30 minute runs.  Also if moms going to be immobile for a while I’m going to be much more active because I’m going to have to continue doing the housework which I’m sure all you ladies will agree takes time and effort and energy!  I bet that I’ll start being much tidier if it’s me clearing up ;-)
Weigh day today, shan’t say I’m expecting a loss, I haven’t been good but at the same time I’m hoping to maintain. I gained a pound last week, then it didn’t get any better I’m afraid, I comfort ate on Thursday for the first time in a very long time had fish and chips and a galaxy!  Friday was a buffet lunch at a meeting, although it was healthy and I didn’t have cake.  Yesterday I had cake for breakfast!  I’ve just had a sod it week, not gone totally off the rails just not been 100%, I’ve got it out of my system now and I’m back on track today.   I’ve still got my stinky cold but it’s on the move I think and I’m feeling much better.

It’s a shame that sunshine has disappeared again this morning, hey ho, I’m getting used to walking in the rain and I’m sure all this water is doing something good!
Well I better get going, dog to walk, washing up to do, paperwork to finish, car to load, meals to prepare, work to go to, vets to visit, mom to take to doctors – mmm doesn’t that sound like a lot!  If you’re a mom reading this and a working one at that, I take my hat of to you and bow because it totally explains why you maybe put yourself last when it comes to prioritising, you have so much to do that you forget you’re important too.  Don’t because you should be the most important person in your world, take care of yourself then you can take care of everyone else.  When you feel well and good about yourself, everything else is much easier to cope with. Xx

Have a fabulous day, it’s Monday – YAY!






No comments: