Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 July 2012

Make the most of your Monday's!

30th July 2012

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
It’s Monday and I’ve had a lovely weekend, I managed to cheer my mom up even though she’s still in lots of pain, we had visitors, we were visitors, however I must admit I haven’t once thought about ProPoints.  I haven’t gone food crazy but I haven’t been an angel either.  Yesterday I ate out, Sunday carvery, much smaller than the one I ordered the other week ;0) and I ordered dessert because my mate wanted some, but I actually left it after two mouthfuls because it was a bit tasteless and the custard was runny.   I also declined scone with clotted cream and jam later in the day when we had our tea party with our cucumber Sandwich – have to say though they could become my new favourite food and cucumbers zero = bonus!

Beautiful sky this morning, that’s the first good one I’ve seen this year I think, we haven’t been having the amazing sun rises we had last year, I notice because I usually take a photo if it’s a good one and I haven’t.   The mornings are starting to get a little darker too I noticed today, it wasn’t quite as light as it usually is at 5am.

Yes I’ve had a bit of a sod it weekend all round, got paid and spent a little too much too, really enjoyed kicking back after the last few weeks of being worried about mom and stressing trying to do everything and get everywhere on time.  Normality will restore from today!

I bought a couple of pot noodles because my mates lad had been eating them and I thought, “mmm I fancy one”, picked up a chicken and mushroom flavour and a curry flavour, and I was surprised to read that the curry was 14pp, which was 4pp higher than the chicken and mushroom (10pp).  Four ProPoints different for something you’d assume was the same, that’s how easy it is to get things wrong!  It’s like scones, just looked and they vary from 4 – 10pp on esource, the 10pp one is just a fruit scone, yet in Tesco you can get a cream scone for 8pp!  Again showing how easy it is to THINK you’re on track!   We’re looking at how we use our weekly allowance this week, because a lot of people won’t lose if they use their 49 weekly allowance – TWICE!  And using them twice is so easy to do, even if you think you’re on track.

I’m going to ProPoint it all, I’m thinking oats for breakfast maybe, or maybe a cucumber sandwich ;0), lunch will be a little rushed because moms got an hospital appointment so maybe a 10pp Pot Noodle, then for tea I’ve got a cauliflower I need to make use of so I may do a cauliflower cheese, there’s a nice easy recipe in the complete kitchen.

I do need to go get some vegetables too for the rest of the week!  Mustn’t forget courgettes (I always do!), I might make a spring chicken casserole and this Friday when Lynne comes instead of getting the kids Macdonalds, I’ll make us a nice meal of some kind.  I love planning it out in my mind, I bet you’re bored of reading it lol.  Yes a week of goodness is on the cards, I’ve got my house pretty much under control now, I have a system going on, we’ll never be totally tidy, it’s not in our nature but we’re clean.  I want to get cooking again, the recipe books and Weight Watcher magazines need to come out again, new recipes need to be tried.  Ooo I’m getting all excited thinking about it ;0)

There’s a nice looking chicken biryani recipe on esource but instead of mixing up all the spices I think I’ll use a WW curry pot for speed, they’ve already got the balance of flavour that I like sorted so not much point of trying myself. 

I’ve got lots of meat in the freezer, so all I’ll need to shop for is veggies really which will help after my spending fest at the weekend ;) I don’t even have anything to show for it because we ate the evidence, oh there are two smiling kids that were glad I did, and Alfies got a new toy lol.

Right I better get ready for work, got an assessment this morning with my boss – oooo wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Make the most of your day, don’t walk round saying “Boo it’s Monday”, there’s only seven days in a week, enjoy them all!
 

No comments: