Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Take my hat of to working moms!

18th July 2012
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. C.S. Lewis
In a rush this morning got to have mom had hospital for physio at 8.30am, then be at work by 9.30 mmm!  That’s certainly goin to be fun isn’t it, got to load car and walk dog too first.
When I asked in the meeting yesterday morning about one small change that they’d made last week, one of my members said I turned the tv off at the plug, to which I replied oh you got up to flick channels and turn it off at night brill.  But no she meant she turned the tv off and went and did something else, the housework, went for a walk, did some cooking and she felt better for it.  What was interesting was she said her kids felt better because of it too because they now had tidy bedrooms.  Interesting! 
I have to agree with her, as mom is poorly I’m having to do the everyday chores like washing the dishes, doing the washing etc and yesterday after doing all that and walking Alfie twice my pedometer read 26,809 steps, which was 11 miles and had earned my 10pp!  That’s a busy day and shows you don’t have to go to the gym or a zumba class to get moving more, doing the housework has a similar effect.
I take my hat off to all the full time working moms out there because fitting it all in is not easy, I was out the house at meetings for 8 hours yesterday, then doing paperwork for at least a couple of hours if not more, I walked the dog twice for an hour each time, did two lots of washing and an hours ironing, and I impressed myself because I still managed to knock up a chicken curry for today’s lunch!
My mate emailed me to ask how my mom was and my head cold, I realised I hadn’t even had time to acknowledge my cold lol, and why is it they always get worse at night, thank goodness for Night Nurse otherwise I’d feel really rubbish at the moment.  I reckon after my last meeting on Thursday night I’m unlikely to have a voice at all ;-)
Here’s a recipe I’ve been told is divine, The Pineapple Jam Experiment
Makes about 5 small jars or 2 big ones and total recipe is 38PPs for the whole lot, approx 1PP per tbsp)
1 pineapple
1 lemon
1 red chilli (or more if you're daring)
350g sugar

1. Peel, core and trim the pineapple, then pulp the flesh in a processor or chop finely. Boil up the pineapple peelings in water for 30 mins. Strain and discard all but the core.
2. In a large pan, add the pineapple pulp. Add the juice of the lemon and throw in the lemon skins, add the sugar, pineapple core and 1 litre of the peelings water .
3. Bring to a slow boil until the sugar has been dissolved then simmer for about 3-4 hours until reduced by over half. At this stage, add the finely chopped chilli skins and seeds.
4. Simmer away until setting point is achieved, the best way to find this is to put a saucer in the freezer, then drop a small amount onto the cold saucer to see if it sets.
5. When setting point is reached, discard the lemon skins and core and bottle up!

Gorgeous on cheese on toast, or on a bacon sandwich, or on ham.
I have to admit that does sound tasty, maybe something to make at the weekend, after all I am having an episode of housewifery so making jam would just be the icing on the cake I shouldn’t be eating so to speak!
If you’re healthy and walking about, then you should be happy whatever you weigh, if you’re not smile baby – you’re gorgeous xx

No comments: